hhensler

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should start by saying that I used ww yarn, and an "H" hook...you will need two colors: one Main color (MC), and one contrasting color (CC).

If you don't care for the ridges across the toes, you can substitute dc for the fpdc/bpdc.

Please note that in this pattern, the ch2 counts as the first dc...I didn't use a ch3 because I felt it left too large of a space, however, if you are more comfortable using a ch3 - go for it!

Here's the first part of my pattern - it's the section that wraps around your toes...make 2

Using MC:

Row 1: Begin by chaining 11, dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each remaining ch. =10 dc

Row 2: ch 2, turn, fpdc in next 8 dc, dc in top of ch2

Row 3: ch2, turn, bpdc in next 8 fpdc, dc in top of ch 2

Repeat rows 2 & 3 until you have a total of 15 rows. This will create a rectangular piece that has a series of ridges on one side, and is flat on the other side.

Cut yarn leaving a long tail to sew up seam Here's what your piece should look like so far...

post-15073-135897572195_thumb.jpg

I edited my first slipper instructions to include some things I left out I'm glad I have you all to help, or my "pattern" would be a complete mess! I'm terrible at explaining things.

Let's see, where did we stop...oh ya - it's time to sew up that side seam.

Fold your rectangle in half, ridges together. As you sew, you will be working up the side, not across the ends. This makes the sewing a little more complicated. Be sure not to sew around the entire stitch, instead, catch individual loops of the stitches with your needle (see pic) I've used a contrasting color to help you see a bit better...

post-15073-135897572199_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897572203_thumb.jpg

As you can see, my sewing is not perfect, and you shouldn't worry about yours being perfect either. Since you will be using the same color as your slipper - your stitches are not going to show. Once you get the side sewn all the way, cut your yarn and weave in your ends. Turn the piece ridges side out.

Let's try it on...the seam goes under your toes, and it should look something like this:

post-15073-135897575046_thumb.jpg

The next thing we are going to make is the "medallion" that goes on the top of the slipper...note: you will be working into the ends of the rows opposite of the seam, rather than into the sort side.

With contrasting color, ch 4 and join with a sl st to form a ring.

Ch 1, work 10 sc in ring, join with a sl st to first sc.

Ch1, sc in same st as joining, ch 2, remove hook from ch, insert hook in between the first two dc's of the first row on the right side of the toe section, grab the dropped ch and pull it through, ch 2, sc in next sc on ring.

post-15073-135897572206_thumb.jpg

* Ch 2, remove hook from ch, skip next row of dc on toe section, insert hook into next row, grab dropped ch and pull it through, ch 2, sc in next sc on ring.*

post-15073-135897572209_thumb.jpg

Repeat between * 6 more times, sc in next 2 sc, join with sl st to first sc, cut yarn, weave in ends.

post-15073-135897572212_thumb.jpg

Now, let's crochet the "body"...this is the part that you will customize to fit your foot...I wear a size 9, so that is what I will give instructions for, but to make it smaller simply don't work as many rows, to make it larger, work more rows.

Hold your slipper with the "open" end facing away from you (toe toward you), and the medallion on top. Locate the first dc to the left of the medallion, skip this dc and join MC with a sl st. to the next dc.

post-15073-135897572216_thumb.jpg

Ch2, dc in each dc across...you should have a total of 16 dc.

*Ch2, turn, dc in each dc across.*

repeat this row 6 more times for a size 9...

post-15073-135897572221_thumb.jpg

This section should be long enough to reach around your heel when sewn. Be sure to make it nice and snug...they have a tendancy to stretch a bit after being worn.

Cut yarn, leaving a tail to sew up the heel.

To sew the heel, fold the end inside out, then sew it up...that way when you turn it right side out, your seam is hidden inside the slipper.

post-15073-135897572225_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897572228_thumb.jpg

Cut yarn, and weave in ends.

Let's finish it off with some shaping...next step: the border & strap.

The border will be worked around the opening over the dc's & ch2's...2 sc over each one.

Join CC with a slip stitch over the first dc to the left of your heel seam. Ch 1, 2sc over this dc. 2sc over each dc till you reach the toe section

post-15073-135897572236_thumb.jpg

Sc in skipped dc of toe section

post-15073-135897572239_thumb.jpg

Sc in ch 2 sp on medallion, sc in next 3 sc on medallion, sc in ch 2 sp of medallion, sc in next skipped dc,

post-15073-135897572243_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897572246_thumb.jpg

2sc over each remaining dc, join with sl st to first sc.

Ch1, sc in same sc, and in each sc around. join with sl st to first sc.

On to the strap:

Sl st in next 15 sc, ch 30 (or # of chains necessary to reach across your foot & around a button), sl st in first ch, sl st in same sc and each remaining sc, join with sl st to first sl st. Cut yarn leaving a long tail.

post-15073-135897572249_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897572256_thumb.jpg

Please note, that on the other slipper, the strap will be worked on the other side. So you would sl st in 24 sc, then ch 30, sl st in first ch, sl st in same sc, sl st in remaining sc around, join with sl st to first sl st.

All that's left is the button...

Use a needle, and run your yarn along the inside of the slipper until you reach the place where you would like to attach your button - I attach mine in between the fourth & fifth row of the body.

post-15073-135897572261_thumb.jpg

Be sure to use a needle that will fit through the holes in your button, and go ahead and sew it on...weave in your tail, and you're done!

post-15073-135897572264_thumb.jpg

Pretty slippers, thanks! I tried to put your pictures and directions in the right order as I was putting the pattern together on paper. Won't know until I make them since hubby distracted me while I was trying to put it together.

wow, you must be a genius! To make up your own like this! How nice of you to share it with those that can MAKE slippers, since that talent seems to have eluded me! Maybe it skips a generation huh, maybe my daughter, who barely knows how to knit, (for a project when she was a junior in High School, she's now 25, and doubtful she has taken up a needle since!)

Now don't get me wrong, i have MADE slippers, the kind you fold and then gather the toe, and I tried some in the round for the toe, and then stop at the arch, and yada yada, but Im talking never made any this cute! And never made any Im happy with for me! Soooooo, I bow to your talents!:bow

wow, you must be a genius! To make up your own like this! How nice of you to share it with those that can MAKE slippers, since that talent seems to have eluded me! Maybe it skips a generation huh, maybe my daughter, who barely knows how to knit, (for a project when she was a junior in High School, she's now 25, and doubtful she has taken up a needle since!)

Now don't get me wrong, i have MADE slippers, the kind you fold and then gather the toe, and I tried some in the round for the toe, and then stop at the arch, and yada yada, but Im talking never made any this cute! And never made any Im happy with for me! Soooooo, I bow to your talents!:bow

This is a great pattern, much easier than you would think from looking at the beautiful slippers it produces. I encourage you to try it. Since the slippers are made in steps, you can easily make two slippers the same.

:winkI can personally attest to the fact that these slippers are the cats meow! Love um!

Me Tooooo!!!:clap And here's a photo of my finished slippers.:cheer

post-25113-135897573141_thumb.jpg

Wow, Heather, thank you so much for taking the time to share your pattern in such a remarkable way that makes it so easy to follow. Your slippers are lovely. I have teenage granddaughters and I know they would love a pair of these.

Patty O

Archived