What am I doing wrong?

my hobby

Question

4 answers to this question

I made the girly girl afghan and found when it got bigger I had to use 2 different hooks. My tension up hill was different than down hill. I wonder if that is what you are running into also.

RoseRed has a good suggestion..post a picture and the pros can take a look at it and see

:thinkThere should be no difference in the stitches going up the hill or down but you could be confused by the way the stitches lay.

Crochet stitches do not sit directly on top of each other but are slightly to the right of the top so the stitches sort of look like they lay the wrong way.

If you look at the valley, you will see that one side looks like it stands up straight and the other side looks like it is on an angle.

I tried to find a pic of one of mine to show you that it is quite normal but none of the pics are close enough.

As others have said, post a pic if you can with the place you are working at the top and with the top of the point in the middle of the pic so we can see the stitches in the direction you are working them.

Close up would be good too if you can get it clear enough that way.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived