Michaels Craft Store

I should have posted sooner but there is a new Micheals in my town. I was so happy because I have to drive so far to another Micheals that has a nice selection of crochet threads and beads to make braclets,necklaces and earrings thats my other hobby. Well, It finally gets here and I visit once a week for 3 or 4 weeks waiting for the crochet thread to get stocked on the shelves and GUESS WHAT !!!!!! They wont be carrying crochet thread. They sell the booklets for angels, snowflakes and doilies but not the crochet thread to crochet the with. I was told by the staff to write a letter to corporate so I did. I told them that there was a Walmart across the street, an Acmoor on the next block and a Joanne Fabrics one exit down the highway. They didn't seem to care wrote back to me that the new Michaels wont have crochet thread just the old ones. I cant make sence out of that. I would buy the patterns for the other 3 competitors in the neighborhood I told them about.

You lucky ducky you! and I agree with annmc1976.

When Wal-Mart originally opened here, they ran out the 2 craft shops we enjoyed. Now Wal-Mart is downsizing the yarn and craft dept. There is not one place in town that I know of to buy DecoArt or Delta-Ceramcoat acrylic paint to fuel my other passion. We had more sources in our small town when it was smaller than we do now!

The closest Michael's to where I live is about 80 miles away in Lake Havasu City (I don't even know if it is still open-:lol). Olive Oil recently told me there is a JoAnn's opening in Bullhead City (YEAH) but that is about 50 miles away. :P- guess I will have to make it down there more often. hee hee hee

When I shop, it is either online or when we make a run up to Henderson, Nv, about every 3-4 months. Then I spend hours in JoAnn's and Michaels because i crochet, paint, bead and sew.

Dear ol' hubby finds other places to go while I am in there then usually sits in the craft class area to rest a bit if I am not finished and that's if there is not a class going on. One time he sat with the class and observed. They tried their best to get him to join in but he begged off. What a guy! :D and thanks for reading my vent.

There's a fairly new Michael's in the town over from me, about 30 miles away......they have crochet yarn but I'm not sure about the thread.

I also like to paint but that store doesn't have paint and very few painting books.

But honey let me tell ya......they have everything a beader would want......dozens and dozens of beads....just walls of it. And scrap booking.....I guess they think nobody does anything anymore except beading and scrapbooking. And flower arranging...they have that, but I'm not interested in flower arranging or scrap booking or beading.

I like crochet, cross stitch and painting.

Walmart's are even going that route.....lots of supplies for beading and scrapbooking. Altho the walmart here still carries yarn, thread and sewing material and patterns.....but nothing for the painter or cross stitcher. They have a few woodworking supplies...like a few wooden things to paint on, but no pattern books.

Makes me so mad.....when a person wants something for a particular hobby you have to stop and think..."Now which hobby store has this?"

It's getting to where you can get better selection online than you can in the craft stores.

You lucky ducky you! and I agree with annmc1976.

When Wal-Mart originally opened here, they ran out the 2 craft shops we enjoyed. Now Wal-Mart is downsizing the yarn and craft dept. There is not one place in town that I know of to buy DecoArt or Delta-Ceramcoat acrylic paint to fuel my other passion. We had more sources in our small town when it was smaller than we do now!

The closest Michael's to where I live is about 80 miles away in Lake Havasu City (I don't even know if it is still open-:lol). Olive Oil recently told me there is a JoAnn's opening in Bullhead City (YEAH) but that is about 50 miles away. :P- guess I will have to make it down there more often. hee hee hee

When I shop, it is either online or when we make a run up to Henderson, Nv, about every 3-4 months. Then I spend hours in JoAnn's and Michaels because i crochet, paint, bead and sew.

Dear ol' hubby finds other places to go while I am in there then usually sits in the craft class area to rest a bit if I am not finished and that's if there is not a class going on. One time he sat with the class and observed. They tried their best to get him to join in but he begged off. What a guy! :D and thanks for reading my vent.

how far are you from kingman cause i think there is a joanns there? oh and the michael's in Lake Havasu city is still there. i was just there last week

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I agree with that 100%.

Yup, Kinda like the delima I had once,, Even thou this is not craft related.

I picked up hubby's Percriptions for his inculin. Then he had the vials. and I go to the pharmacy to pick it all up.. I notice I'm missing the Needles. I question the Pharmcy and the lady says "your ins dose not cover needles" I look at her :think and how am I expected to administer the meds.

so WHY would a store who specializes in Crafts NOt sell a crafting suply? sooooo stupid.. it be like Mcdonalds not selling hamburgers lol

how far are you from kingman cause i think there is a joanns there? oh and the michael's in Lake Havasu city is still there. i was just there last week

I am 20 miles east of Kingman, and no JoAnn's in Kingman- I wish! DH keeps telling me I should open a craft store but at my age I don't really have the incentive to go that route.

Like I said, Wal-Mart is the only "crafts" available. There is a LYS in historic downtown but she is higher-end and doesn't carry anything else, none of the mid-price. And a fabric/quilt shop opened not too many months ago but she is out of my league on prices. She makes JoAnn's fabric prices look very inexpensive- ie: white, cotton flannel= $15 a yd?????.

We used to have 4 craft shops in this town at one time. I usually stay away from Havasu in the summer because of the temps- 115+ is too hot and only go to Bullhead because my DH's doc is there. They do have 2 great bead shops there tho. So, online for some things and up to Henderson or Flagstaff. Flagstaff has a JoAnn's, Michael's and one of the other larger fabric shops which the name eludes me for now. :hook Cheers!

have you made it down to quartzite ever? they have a great bead shop in an indian jewelry store...they even sold crochet thread and a few bead crochet books...i like the flagstaff area...i've stop there a couple of times. maybe next time i get west we can meet up there for a little shopping...

have you made it down to quartzite ever? they have a great bead shop in an indian jewelry store...they even sold crochet thread and a few bead crochet books...i like the flagstaff area...i've stop there a couple of times. maybe next time i get west we can meet up there for a little shopping...

Oh Yea- have gone to Quartzsite in Feb. when they had just the big rock & mineral Jamboree. Now the RV show and the gem show and then a craft show and from Oct- March there is a swap meet- Talk about a transformation! That little place goes nuts with people from all over the world. Not too many years ago it used to be a four way stop sign with a little hamburger joint and a gas station. Now in the coler months, it is huge! Then when the heat hits in summer it dwindles back down.

Archived