comfrtgahn for great grandson Have all squares

evelyn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...I also wanted to say (I've noticed there has been some confusion with this pattern) Champygirl does not use the ch. 2 as the first dc. she uses it so that when you join to the dc next to the ch. 2, it fills in the hole that is often created when you join a round. Hope that helps...I know that it feels like there is an extra stitch, but it's really not.

One more question...do you want the turtles to be blue & green with a brown background, or do you want some with brown turtles, and blue or green background...I know I'm a pain - Sue already told me :lol

Oh no! Are we suppose to do a brown back background? I made one all blue and the other all green!

You may be a pain Heather, but you still rock! :hug

:turtle:vheart

I made this square from what I found in my stash...if the colors are okay, I can make more...if they are not what you are looking for, let me know and I will buy some yarn next time I'm at the store.

[ATTACH]26586[/ATTACH]

That turtle is fine, and iit can any color turtle and any color back ground

and thank you so much

I made this square from what I found in my stash...if the colors are okay, I can make more...if they are not what you are looking for, let me know and I will buy some yarn next time I'm at the store.

[ATTACH]26586[/ATTACH]

Oh...I also wanted to say (I've noticed there has been some confusion with this pattern) Champygirl does not use the ch. 2 as the first dc. she uses it so that when you join to the dc next to the ch. 2, it fills in the hole that is often created when you join a round. Hope that helps...I know that it feels like there is an extra stitch, but it's really not.

So the key thing to note here is that you are joining to the dc not the ch 2, right? So looking back at rounds 1 and 2 she was utilizing the same technique and not counting the ch 2 as a dc? Thanks Heather I think I understand it now. I had just been counting the ch 2's as dc and then adjusting accordingly to make things work. I will make a note on this pattern that the ch 2's do not count as a dc.

Thanks

Im having a hard time with the pattern, but going to keep trying.

Let us know what part and we'll help. I'm almost to the point I can make it without the pattern since I've been making so many of those squares for a scrapghan I'm making.

Sue and Heather I am having trouble with round 4 I can get the turtle done but when I try rnd 4 it just isnt working

If you can help me I would love it.

I know some people have said not to count any of the ch 2's as a dc's. At first the problem I was having with that round was missing the 2 sc on each side of the tail. What happening when you do that round?

Archived