comfrtgahn for great grandson Have all squares

evelyn

I just found out today that my great grandson has leukiema and is in st judes hospital in tennesee He is in the 5th grade,

He will be there for 6 to 8 weeks. He likes turtles and frogs, Im wondering if any of you would help me make the turtle square in greens blues and light brown I will edge it in dark brown. I apreciate your help

And thank you all for your help.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found out today that my great grandson has leukiema and is in st judes hospital in tennesee He is in the 5th grade,

He will be there for 6 to 8 weeks. He likes turtles and frogs, Im wondering if any of you would help me make the turtle square in greens blues and light brown I will edge it in dark brown. I apreciate your help

Sorry to hear about your grandson. Are you wanting cotton or acrylic? I haven't worked with that pattern yet but I think it is supposed to be a 6inch square? I am going to try to make you some.:hug:hug

I'm so sorry Evelyn!!! I'll help! Soon as I know what you want yarn wise. :hug

:turtle:vheart

Of course I will help!!!!

Just thought too.. if you want some frogs in there... here is a good frog square like the turtle one...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117289

Prayers to your great grandson and your family!!!

:heart

:mug

I finished one, but the poor little thing is only a little over 5", nowhere near 6". Gotta try a bigger hook:hook

:hook I experimented with the turtle square tonight, I used an I hook, because I know my crochet runs small, and it came out right at 6" :hook

I'd be happy to send a couple - from one leukemia survivor (knock on wood) to another.

Please pm your address and I;ll be happy to send you a few.

Sending healing vibes to your great grandson, you and all your family. They are doing amazing things to cure this disease and St. Judes is a great place for children to be helped.

:hook I experimented with the turtle square tonight, I used an I hook, because I know my crochet runs small, and it came out right at 6" :hook

hey, I'm happy for ya:D I used a J for the turtle and the first round of background and then a K for the last 2 rows and it's still 5 and 3/4":eek I must be tense or something!

I am just trying my first turtle square tonight hope it turns out I want to make 6 squares across and 7 down I think that would be a good size. any sugestions on the size?

Thanks again for your help

Thank you Marlene for your help

I got the turtle but havent got the rest right I may end up sewing the turle on a square .

I found out tonight he will be doing treatment for 3 yrs before they know if it goes into remission.

I got the turtle but havent got the rest right I may end up sewing the turle on a square .

I found out tonight he will be doing treatment for 3 yrs before they know if it goes into remission.

I'm sorry to hear he will have to have such long treatment, but hopefully he will have a good outcome:hug

I wasn't thrilled with the results of my square so if in the end you decide that making the turtle separately and sewing it on is OK with you, I might need to do that too.

I hope you were able to work out the square. I don't know if you saw the one on the friendshipghan CAL that was posted. It would be a clearer picture of one to look at than the one with the pattern. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113104&page=273

I had problems starting with round 4 also. I didn't like that there were 5 stitches on one side of the tail and 6 (counting the chain 2 on the other side so I eliminated the "1 dc in the same stitch as the ch 2"). The sc where you join on for that round is the sc that actually makes up one side of the base of the tail and then the next sc you work into is on the other side of the base of the tail. The first time I didn't pay attention and only did 1 dc in all the sc when in most of them I was supposed to do 2 dc. My biggest thing is I tend to leave out that ch 1 that you do each time you switch from dc to sc or vise versa on that round. (You are basically doing dc in the gaps between appendages and sc across appendages to make a circle.)

Round 5 was easier for me after I got the pattern sequence down and quit paying attention to the description of where each of the stitches was being placed (just place it in next stitch whatever it might be except the corner which is worked all in one stitch).

Sorry if I made things more confusing.

Sue (TurtleLvr)and Heather (hhensler) (over on the friendshipghan CAL) have been making this square for awhile now and they might be able to help if people are having problems.

Anyway I have 10 squares completed for you and will get them to the PO

some time this week!

Archived