"Pretty In Pink" Pillow

CroJulee

post-4632-135897567475_thumb.jpg

Here's an up close of the pattern stitch and a better view of the edging.

post-4632-13589756748_thumb.jpg

Here's a little something I made between late last night and this morning before work. It's a pillow made with a 14" X 14" pillow form and Caron Pound of yarn in some really pretty shade of pink and black. If anyone is interested in the stitch pattern I used I'd be happy to let you know.

Thanks for looking everyone!!!

Julee

p.s. This is one pillow I'll never give away. My boyfriend kind of immortalized it. He keeps on talking about it and saying how amazing it is. He's SOOOOOOOO sweet!!!! I tried to get a picture of him cuddling with it but he hates pictures sooooo............................

OH, That pillow is so sharp looking!!!! And you just whipped it up late last night and the morning before work? Amazing! Glad to hear that your BF appreciates your beautiful work!!!! I'd be interested in the stitch too!

Thanks everyone!!! The pillow really is much prettier in person. I wish I could have gotten a better picture. Kinda hard to do at night.

As far as the stitch pattern goes. It has been pretty widely used. Many of you probably have seen it somewhere and probably used it. It just seems like it doesn't get enough attention. It's one of those stitches that is so quick yet so Beautiful!!!!

Here's the pattern stitch:

post-4632-135897567522_thumb.jpg

Multiple of 2 Chains (Chain any amount of stitches with an even number basically)

My Example piece will be worked on 12 Chains.

Row 1: (Sc, Dc) in 2nd Ch from Hk, *Skip next Ch, (Sc, Dc) in next Ch*. Repeat from * to * across to last 2 Ch. Skip next Ch, Sc in last Ch.

Row 2: (Sc, Dc) in first St, *Skip next St, (Sc, Dc)) in next St*. Repeat from * to * across to last 2 Sts. Skip next St, Sc in last St.

Repeat Row 2 until you have your desired length.

For my pillow cover I chained 42 and did 12 Rows of Pink, 12 Rows of Black, then another 12 Rows of pink followed by a Rnd of Sc around the whole square. For the corners I chain 2.

Hope this helps!!!

Julee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Way to go! What a wonderful pillow:clap

It´s great that your boyfriend likes it so much. My husband usually looks at something I made, says "oh, very pretty" and moves on... I think I could show him a pile of wool and he would not know the difference :faint

Archived