What do you make?

Roxiegirl

snowflakes and other ornaments for the Christmas tree, like these http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108549 Very satisfying to make and they are great gifts.

I've used thread for little freeform motifs that I sewed onto a towel and washcloth for a gift.

I have a wip kerchief in size 10 bamboo thread.

Another wip bag in size 5 thread.

In addition to doilies,I also make bookmarks, coasters, snowflakes and travel tissue covers. If you use double or triple threads, you could even make dish cloths and potholders. I have also seen some patterns for purses (clutches). The list is endless.

I've made loads of bookmarks, the occasional dishcloth (two strands held together), hot pads (search "squiggly crochet"), a purse (two strands), and little things like needle cases or tiny draw-string bags (used for gifts).

• 4 months later...

Over the holidays I make many items for decorating....snowflakes, small doily ornaments, satin ornament toppers, icycles, garlands and the like. I have also made small flowers, edging, and figures to use on greeting cards. I have always made table toppers, chair accents, large and small doilies, embellishments for vests and jackets and a few clothing items out of thread. I love the lacy and vintage look of thread crochet. But I do have to admit that I can only crochet with thread for so long before I have to make something with yarn just so my eyes uncross....LOL

Besides doilies I make tablecloths, shawls, hats, edgings, pincushions, pillows, curtins, bedspreads, blouses, scarves, purses, cozies, bookmarks, ornaments, jewlery, wallhangings, Lampshades, suncatchers, and anything else my heart desires. Thread is just a medium for our creativity. It just happens to be my favorite medium and I do love doilies, but I love it for so much more also.

I'm on my second last round of a thread Christmas tree skirt...hoping to get it done this week, but these are seriously long rounds, now. Very pretty though...

anyway, I also just love working in thread. Have some wearables dancing in my head, and so many of the items listed by previous post-er's (So I won't repeat them to reduce redundancy ;) ) You can do sooo much with thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to work on thread bears and doilies. I try to work with yarn and make afghans and stuff but I keep stoping them and want to make a bear. I love thread so much more then yarn I think :think. Just have fun crocheting..:hug:manyheart

Hi ~ I've done a lot of bookmarks and snowflake Christmas tree ornaments. I also just started doing thread-crochet borders around fleece baby blankets. (Adds a very pretty touch!) Have fun! :hook

Archived