tv shows

ducky73

i noticed the other day when i was watching golden girls that sophia was making a scarf i think was crichet and have seen her making various other things...

also saw an afghan on the back of a couch on blue colar tv and (way back when i used to watch) roseanne also had a granny square on her couch...i think she may have had a few other blankets/afghans in other places in her home.

on family matters didnt estelle knit or crochet?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ducky73. I just found this post. I had to giggle because I was crocheting once when one of those Golden Girl episodes came on with Sophia crocheting something. I was like, hmmmm..... :blush Yup. That's me now, and that'll be me "x" years from now! :D

Oh that's funny... I'm not much older than you; but I just love that show. I never get tired of it. Sooooo funny. In fact, I recently purchased a DVD of various episodes of an old Betty White show called "Life With Elizabeth". It's really good. (Same type of humor that "Rose" has on Golden Girls.) ;)

OMG im such an addict! in fact in january when DH was ill in hospital i was practically screeching at the nurses WHAT CHANNEL IS HALLMARK???? :lol

Rose cracks me up! she is such a ditz! did you know the guy who portrayed her boyfriend (miles) on GG recently passed on? i think rose is the only main character left!

• 1 month later...

i was also watching whos the boss (now thats a flashback and a half) and i think on one of the sofas (may have been mrs rosinis) i saw a granny square afghan AND pillows!

im so in tune (pardon the pun :lol) to things like this now! i see crochet and im like "OOOOOOOOO :yay"

• 1 month later...

:hook The Hallmark Channel has an amazing amount of crochet items in the made for tv movies

Each time i watch a new movie..one or more of the characters are wearing crochet scarves hats sweaters and more.....i.e. The Gift of the Magi, Mrs Miracle, and more

• 6 months later...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I love GG and rose is my favorite. So sorry about her bf passing away. The roseanne afghan is so kool. My grandma said that she saw it so much on the show that she hated black yarn.

I love that there is so much crochet in tv and movies. It has become really popular lately.

When I was in the hospital delivering my son I watched Golden girls in the hours before he was born. I've always loved that show and I'm only 28. Something is comforting about it. I used to also watch family matters all the time but I can't remember if it was knit or crochet.

Archived