Need Your Opinion

Hi Everyone -

Do you think I should crochet items to give to people for Christmas that are Christmas related or items they can use everyday?

Which do you think people prefer? :think

What items have you found that people enjoy receiving???

Thanks for your help -

No doubt, make things they can use every day. I am making a pair of wrist warmers for my co-worker. She wears them (i think they are weird, but she likes them) since its so cold in our office. She will use them a lot!!! :)

If it were a pre-Christmas party I'd say either, but if for a Christmas present at Christmas I'd say every day too.

My siblings have an early party so we can each have Christmas with our kids

Yep I agree...I make things that they can use all the time. The most common things I am asked for is: shawls, wash cloths, table runners and another great item is one of those hanging bag holders (they don't just fit plastic bags either)

I say every day use. I am not a seasonal person. I'd rather have things I can use or display everyday. Seasonal things are too hard to find a place to store.

I say for everyday-hats, scarves, dishcloths, placemats, etc. If you work with thread, you could also make up an ornament and use it as a package topper.

I like that idea. My mom's "signature" was a painted Christmas ornament to everyone every year. She would have a theme for each year but each one would still be different. One year she'd do a santa for everyone, the next it'd be snowmen.

Hi Everyone -

Do you think I should crochet items to give to people for Christmas that are Christmas related or items they can use everyday?

Which do you think people prefer? :think

What items have you found that people enjoy receiving???

Thanks for your help -

I've made Spa type baskets for women - using cotton, I made bath mitts...soap holders...face cloths...and included a high end soap or soaps with the basket.

Guys are harder, but my 30-something DS still likes those tight fitting hats.

Great ideas. I was thinking everyday items would probably be best. Now it's just deciding what to make.

Since I am in the desert heat of Arizona - we don't get much use for hats, scarves or mittens. I am thinking potholders, dishcloths and scrubbies. Tyring to come up with some neat little packaging idea to make the set look cute.

Keep the suggestions coming!! I can use them all. :clap

I say for everyday-hats, scarves, dishcloths, placemats, etc. If you work with thread, you could also make up an ornament and use it as a package topper.

I agree. I usually make the gift for everyday & an ornament for the package too. Everyone seems to enjoy both. For the few friends that we give a bottle of wine as a gift I make wine bottle bags to "wrap" them in.

I vote for Everyday items. Like a good Afghan. I wish I could cozy up under the Afghan my Mom made a long, long time ago before I was ever born.

Hi Kathy- :waving

Last Christmas I made all the gals a set of 2 spa cloths out of high end yarns such as cotton or bamboo, etc., and found elegant soap bars indiviudally wrapped to go with them. I neatly folded the cloths, tucked a bar of soap inside and tied it with satin ribbon in their bathroom colors. I used business cards to type up care instructions and what the yarn was made of.

For the guys I made small, crochet cotton baskets (no handles or lids) for them to keep on the dresser to catch whatever is taken out of their pockets. These I put a card tag on explaining what the basket was used for in a little poem.

The year before, all received scarves or hats, each out of a different yarn and colors.

Hope this helps.

I make the main gift something they can use every day, but I usually make something small, like an ornament, and put it on the outside of the package with the bow as part of the trimmings so they can use it on their tree as well. It nothing big that takes a lot of time, just something seasonal to add to their decoration collection. :)

Love all the ideas. Have any of you crocheted a basket? It would be great to have a crocheted basket to put some bath items or kitchen items in and then they can use the basket for something.

I thought about making the ice skates as an ornament/gift topper to add with the everyday stuff I give.

Whatcha think???

I'm doing a little of both this year. I am making a box of ornaments for each household in our family, and making some things like dishcloths, hats, mittens and other personal gifts like that.

Archived