muise

any tips/tricks

I am new to thread crochet but doing yarn for over 10 years. I find myself pretty fast with yarn, even though the way I hold it is different. I am however very very slow with the thread. are there any tips/hints/tricks that I can do to pick up my speed? I just find holding everything so akward and nothing moves smoothly.

I just started a month ago, so I don't have many but I learned this week to wrap the thread around my pinky & then run over my finger. Also keep the thread taunt & your thread finger close to the sttches

I too have to wrap the thread around my pinkie. I've only done three thread projects so far and am still having a little trouble getting my thread to flow smoothly. I find the need to make my stitch tension tighter when using thread. I love working with thread though.

I think some of it might be becasuse it's cotton.

Cotton doesn't "give"/stretch and bounce back like yarn does.

I think I'm a little weird how I hold my work, my right wrist is messed up so I kind of do all the moving stuff with my left hand.

I really think that one of the things about threadwork is that i really do have to slow down a bit and it's more relaxing. I love working with thread now that I've learned more about it.

I wrap my yarn -thread around my left index finger the pointing finger. Hang in there you'll get better as time goes on.

I have a hard time wraping it. The way I hold my yarn is extremely different than most, I hold it pinched between my index and middle fingers while my thumb and ring finger hold my work. I have tried holding it different ways but nothing feels as comfortable.

Patience, patience then pratice, pratice it will all come easier as you keep crocheting.

Holding the crochet thread is different for everyone. The tension will come as you keep trying, just don't give up .I don't even hold the thread just let it rest between index and middle finger.