Black Shawl Obsession Project

faedragon

Wow - Those are gorgeous! I wish I could crochet with lace-weight yarn

If you can crochet with regular weight yarn, you really can crochet using lace weight yarn, the only difference is the yarn weight, just do a small swatch to get use to the feel of the yarn in your hand. All my shawls were made with either a G or an H hook so no really tiny steel hooks were used. None of them have fancy stitches: just the usual suspects: chain,single, double and maybe a triple. give it a try and be patient with yourself.

Thanks for all the nice comments. It's good to have the work appreciated.

The one that is currently an active wip ( Lily Go's: Gathering Leaves) only has 7 more rows to go. There is one that is an inactive wip, because I found it got boring very quickly, so wound off enough yarn ( at least I hope it's enough, took about two hours for the ball of yarn to look big enough ) for it. I work on that one sporadically, just enough so it makes some progress each week. Once the current one is finished, I'll post it. Already have the next one picked out.

Beautiful! You did a wonderful job on all of these. I can't believe you have made this many (in one color and lace weight).

I can't wait to see the rest.

Debbi,

We've all heard the phrase " Crazy Cat lady", well I'm well on my way to becoming the "Crazy Shawl Lady"!!

I had to come back to look again these are all so pretty! My two favorites are the Maia shawl and, of the two that you designed yourself, the one on the left with the pineapples. Just GORGEOUS!

I had to come back to look again these are all so pretty! My two favorites are the Maia shawl and, of the two that you designed yourself, the one on the left with the pineapples. Just GORGEOUS!

Thanks so much Elle, I think the one with the pineapple border is also my favorite of them all so far......

Please excuse me while I :drool!! Your shawls are drop dead beautiful!! And in my "fave" color(my van is black, 99% of my clothes are black, I just love black)!! They're all so awesome!! Especially those of your own design!! Great job!!:)

Each one is gorgeous! :D Now I want a never-ending cone of yarn. *pout*

If you REALLY want a never ending cone, just keep checking Ebay. I got this one for about $15.00. I don't remember the seller, but if you keep checking the yarn, deals like this one come up all the time.

• 3 months later...

Archived