Yo-Yo Afghan CAL

Ashley_R_CPST

Thanks! It's hard to tell with black yarn, but I'm using Priscilla Hewitt's flat braid join. Here's a link to the method I used. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Yo-Yo%20Afghans/Flat%20Braid%20Yo-Yo%20Joining.pdf'>http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Yo-Yo%20Afghans/Flat%20Braid%20Yo-Yo%20Joining.pdf

She has other methods and some yo-yo blanket patterns on her site. (Click on free pattern index and scroll to the bottom.)

http://priscillascrochet.net/

Be warned: There are A LOT of ends to weave in this way! I swore after I made my first one (used scraps) that I would never make another... Well, I found a pint sized bag of yo-yos intended for this first blanket, but since I'd finished and edged it, I couldn't add them. What to do? I added a row of white to the yo-yo's so they were a bit bigger and joined them. Again, I had no intention of making another one. I found myself at loose ends and was looking for my next project, so.... what do I do? I plan and start a THIRD one!:lol I have more yo-yos that I'm planning to use for a forth one... Did I mention that they're a bit addictive? :devil What can I say? It's so fun to watch them grow!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are both gorgeous! The one I am working on now I am just using scraps, but I think for my next yo yo ghan (oh yes, there will be another!) I will plan the colors, and do the joining all in one color.

Thanks! I am such a color matcher/planner that, even when I intend to use up my scraps (which I did with the one joined in Aran), I end up buying new yarn to match.:lol I'm planning on making one kind of like yours with Lion Brand's Hometown USA; the yo-yos will be HUGE! I saw one on Ravelry, and now I find myself having to make one. On the plus side, it'll work up really fast.:D

msmusic- Thank you! I love Priscilla Hewitt's method, too.

Thanks! I am such a color matcher/planner that, even when I intend to use up my scraps (which I did with the one joined in Aran), I end up buying new yarn to match.:lol I'm planning on making one kind of like yours with Lion Brand's Hometown USA; the yo-yos will be HUGE! I saw one on Ravelry, and now I find myself having to make one. On the plus side, it'll work up really fast.:D

msmusic- Thank you! I love Priscilla Hewitt's method, too.

I like the idea of large yo yo's...I'll have to look over on ravelry & check them out - do you have a link?

I ran out of yarn for the halloween throw I was working on, so I switched back to working on my black yo-yo 'ghan and finished a row. Only 16 more to go. I don't even want to think about how many yo-yos I have left to join; there's 48/49 of them in each row!:eek At least they join fast.:lol

Archived