Yo-Yo Afghan CAL

Ashley_R_CPST

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, so far I've made and joined 98 yo yos! I have a few more that I made, but haven't joined yet because I don't want two of the same color next to each other...I will have to wait for more scraps. I am resisting the urge to buy yarn specifically for this ghan...

Oh my gosh...yours actually looks like a blanket! Mine looks more like a mutant - I'm trying not to put the same colors too close to each other, so it's kind of growing in every direction at the moment.

post-15073-135897568927_thumb.jpg

By the way, what do you plan on doing for a border?

I love seeing the projects coming together.

I haven't tried to put any of mine together. I have been just collecting them. I think I will play a game with my kids to grab a yo-yo for the afghan and then taking turns. Something we are working on. Therefore, I will be ok if the colors are together. I figure I will get about 20 together before interest is gone for the day.

Well, it's official...I have a problem: I am now crocheting a scrap ghan from the scraps left over from my yo yo scrap ghan :hook

[ATTACH]26602[/ATTACH]

Sorry your yo-yos didn't turn out as planned but I like the short repeats in this picture. It will look fabulous when finished.

Is anyone putting their yo-yo's together using the pattern in the link on the first post? Is it too difficult for a beginner?

I put them together that way with black. It turned out wonderful that way! I don't thing it is hard for a beginner, just takes a little biut of getting used too.

Thanks Lilly. I did try a "test" block and it actually started to look like the picture (I only had 4 yo yos). You really do have to pay attention but I think it's worth it. So, so pretty!

I don't suppose you have a picture of yours?

The one I started two years ago is outlined in black; they're pretty neat looking in black! I still have 16 1/2 rows to add... I didn't get the chance to take photos in natural light, so the colors didn't show up quite right (used RHSS Spring Green, Amethyst, Turqua, Blue, etc.).

post-33647-13589757428_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897574284_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897574289_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897574292_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897574295_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is AMAZING. Oddly, that is not the same joining technique that is in the link on the first post of this CAL!! Now I'm not sure which I like better. Do you have a link to the join instructions you are using?

Archived