It's coming! International Crochet Day is drawing near..

jimbo

September 12 is International Crochet Day. What will YOU be doing to promote crochet on that day? Stage crochet in at your LYS! Teach knitters to crochet! Its a day to show the world the gentle art of crochet.

Lets catch up and pass knitting. Imagine going to a Crochet and knit shop!

What will YOU be doing on Sept 12 to promote crochet?? hmmmmmm?

Excellent!! Teaching and public crochet are both very good promotional things to do. I think I'll see if I can get Paradise Fibers to do another special deal for the event. They did last year.

I always crochet in public but I think I'm gonna crochet some little dish scrubbers and put a little note about crochet with it and give them to some of my co-workers.

I think I've been to paradise fibers. One of my old bosses was really into crocheting and knitting and knew all the good yarn stores in Cour D' Alene and Spokane. I got to go on an all out yarn shop tour a few years ago with her while we were doing some work. Paradise Fibers was definintly one of the stores we went to. The beautiful yarn in those yarn stores was over whelming!!!

Julee

Great, CroJulee!

And to give incentive, I'm doing a contest in my blog. The winner gets a custom hook made to their desires, from Bois de Rose, one if not THE most beautiful woods in the world. Be sure to drop by and enter.

Other ideas from over in Ravelry for International Crochet Day (ICD) are:

Blogging about ICD, some with give away patterns, bookmarks and such. Blogging is a HUGE thing to promote ICD, especially to other crochetiers who follow your blog.

Mentioning to your LYS that ICD is approaching on Sept 12,and that something special might be done to support crochet.

Gathering a group of crochetiers to crochet in a public place.

Teaching a knitter to crochet.

A student decided to host a crochet event for all the girls in her dorm.

The last one gave me an idea... post a note in your lys that you're hosting a crochet event. Maybe the lys will let you use space there for the event.

Other ideas???

Excellent!! Teaching and public crochet are both very good promotional things to do. I think I'll see if I can get Paradise Fibers to do another special deal for the event. They did last year.

Taking my hubby to Paradise Fibers for his birthday that day!:cheer:think uh maybe not, but that sounds like fun!

I will talk to my friend who works at Hancocks..see if they would allow something in the store that afternoon

I think that yarn bombing would be a good way to celebrate the day. Crochet a piece around a random object like a lamp post or sign post or something. I was thinking the other day that my area could use a little brightening up.

Taking my hubby to Paradise Fibers for his birthday that day!:cheer:think uh maybe not, but that sounds like fun!

I emailed Sara at Paradise Fibers and offered to help with an event, should they decide to do one there. Hope she takes me up on it. I even offered to bring Dippy, the world's biggest crochet hook. He's been itching for an outing lately. Maybe if you talked to them too?

Well International Crochet day is also my birthday and on that day DH and I will be in Kildare for the horse racing where I always crochet. This is a great way of meeting people as they always stop to chat, question and admire. Very sociable hobby!

Archived