Lily Sugar N Cream Scented Cotton Yarn

Ohh what if other yarn companies go "whoa.. brilliant.. let's do it!!" then Michael's will start smelling like a fruit salad. But good news, if the local yarn shop starts carrying it.. it'll stop smelling like a moldy basement for a change!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I had received the same e mail too. I agree with the possibility of allergies and other yarns picking up the scent. I think (if I remember correctly) that the skeins were not enclosed in plastic but just had the bands around it like other skeins.

I personally prefer scented candles or spray fragrances if needed.

Not sure of the longevity of the scent, they say 10 washes, but water and detergents vary so that may affect the scent.

I wonder if this will go the way of Glow in the Dark yarn, it popped up and before you knew it, it was gone.

LI Roe

I had received the same e mail too. I agree with the possibility of allergies and other yarns picking up the scent. I think (if I remember correctly) that the skeins were not enclosed in plastic but just had the bands around it like other skeins.

I personally prefer scented candles or spray fragrances if needed.

Not sure of the longevity of the scent, they say 10 washes, but water and detergents vary so that may affect the scent.

I wonder if this will go the way of Glow in the Dark yarn, it popped up and before you knew it, it was gone.

LI Roe

I agree. Cute novelty marketing ploy but won't last.

JoAnn's has it. I actually bought some and didn't know it! I bought it because I loved the new colors. I was checking out and Sugar N Cream was supposed to be on sale and neither me or the cashier could figure out why it wasn't ringing up at the sale price till my daughter said maybe it's because it says "scents", sure enough that was why, it wasn't included in the sale even though it was the same price as their regular Sugar N Cream. Anyway we all smelled it (LOL) and I could barely smell anything, cashier said the same thing, my daughter thought it smelled similar to a fabric softener sheet. I just liked the new colors.

What kind of chemicals are they soaked in...I wonder.....

No, I won't buy this yarn...

Not long ago, I saw scented socks in Walmart....No Thank you....

:heehee Scented socks... what's next? Scented underwear?

But yeah, I probably wouldn't buy this yarn, not because of normal allergies to scents, but because some lotions/body sprays/ soaps/ whatever else with perfumes touches my skin, I break out in hives... I'm even allergic to fabric softener that's unscented...

Archived