Lily Sugar N Cream Scented Cotton Yarn

Okay, just got an email from Lily about these new yarns, scented with Lavendar, Vanilla, Chamomile, Powder, etc. Essentcial oils they say...I am not feeling this one!

Strange...............:think

I am with you!!! What happens when you mix yarn, funny!

Well, if you mix the Vanilla with the Lavendar, that might smell pretty good, but I keep thinking about allergies and irritation from the oils!:eek

i Think it's not a good idea.. those who are sensitve to scents and oils could have reactions just going in a yarn isle.. let alone if it intavertnly gets mix with regular yarn and no one knows it? I wouldnt be able to use it beacuse of hubby's allergies. and I find it more n more these days I can't get near strong secnets.

I"m allertic to saddlewood fragrance and lilacks. Pine, woodsy scents. That may be something they should only offer online so them who want it can buy it without exposing it to people who have to stear clear of scented items

They are using patterns for tissue holders and such in the bathroom.

I got this a couple of days ago, and I thought I could never use it due to allergies, but I guess it is suppose to be lightly scented.:hook

I have to admit, I like the idea!! It would be an extra sensory perception for sure, (no pun intended). And it would be nice for a face cloth. But not good for people with allergies...otherwise, it sounds interesting and something different.

I think it is one of those things that you either love it or hate it. TampaDoll had a good idea to just use it in the bathroom to make a tissue cover or some such item. I still have concerns about the oils on the hands though.

And a really good point about the scents getting mixed in with the regular yarns as well was made too.

So, if you are brave enough to try it, please let us know how it works out!!!!

I wonder if it will only be offered online or if it will be sold in the retail stores as well?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? LOL

I saw that on the site the other day and wondered what happens when I wash it? Too chicken to buy any, I'm probably allergic hehe

Oh I love the idea ~ for certain uses, and I probably would not combine scents in one project. But, as others have mentioned, I'd be concerned with people's allergies and stores having the scented yarn come in contact with non-scented. :eek I'll definitely try it, though. :)

I'd never be able to try it with my allergies! I'd be a walking hive! And what about the nonscented yarns...you know people pick up a skein, walk around, then change their minds and put it in the wrong spot. All the yarn would be covered!

:turtle:vheart

I,too, got the email about the scented yarn. The only thing I could say was "Yuck" and "Who's the dummy that thought this one up?". I know that doesn't sound very nice of me but it just struck me as a very dumb idea. Almost as brilliant as the "New, Improved Coke" that occurred in the 80's. There are too many people that have allergies for this one. Also there are people who do not have allergies but do not care for certain scents. Leave the scent out of our yarn. If we want to add a scent, let us do it ourselves.

Does it go away the first time you wash it?

I have sensitive skin - there is NO way I'd rub that against my face.

What am I leaving behind on my dishes if I wash with it?

Sorry - I like my cotton to smell like cotton. If I want to add scent to my bathroom I'll light a candle.

I totally agree with the other poster above - yuck!

I have essential oils for aromatherapy. I even have some that I sometimes put directly on my pillow before I go to sleep. :c9 I guess maybe that's why I'm so intrigued by this. ... I probably wouldn't use it for dishes, though. (Kathy, you are soooo right about the Coke! :lol)

I got the email too and loved the patterns. I am curious about the yarn and will probably buy some. I'd love to make the bath items for my Mom's bathroom, she loves stuff that smells good--for me it's a great idea for a christmas gift!

I kinda like the idea just to have as you're crocheting with it :lol But I'm usually not allergic to stuff on my skin my allergies are all breathing related. I use a lavender scented dryer sheet that smells so good. I love lavender :)

I've heard that the scent is supposed to stay through 10 washings (reportedly told to a Ravelry member by a Lily employee, presumably customer service). While I am not allergic to scents, I hate the overpowering perfume shower you have to run through on the way into a department store. I love lavender, so I'd give this one a try for myself, but think it probably won't last long, given the prevalence of allergies out there.

I am another that will not be buying this product due to severe allergies. The person that thought of this marketing idea had no thought whatsoever for others. Not very brilliant I would say.

I did write to the company and asked them if the skeins would be wrapped so the fragrances would not bother others and other yarn but, no response. We shall see. :no

I think that's a fun idea for those who're not allergic or like aromatherapy and things like that.

I think Some bathroom accessories as well as maybe a special scented pillowcase are a nice idea to use such yarn.

If there was any chance to get these yarns here in Russia I'd sure try them out.

I'm going to buy a few things of the lavender scent to make items for in my bedroom. I don't have allergies nor does anyone in my family. I like candles but I don't keep them out anymore because we've had too many accidents with the holders getting broken and knocked off by one of the many children or pets running about most days. I hope it's not too strongly scented and just good enough to keep a gentle lavender smell in my room.

I would really be interested in any feedback from those who are brave enough to try this!

I don't know why, but I am really curious about this stuff. LOL.

Ohh what if other yarn companies go "whoa.. brilliant.. let's do it!!" then Michael's will start smelling like a fruit salad. But good news, if the local yarn shop starts carrying it.. it'll stop smelling like a moldy basement for a change!

Archived