Anthropologie Hat

lisawilder39

Question

16 answers to this question

Just to clarify: While Crochetville does not allow reverse engineering of actual crochet patterns or crocheted items being sold by indie designers/crocheters, we do allow members to help each other figure out how to duplicate items being sold on a large-scale basis in regular retail arenas.

Re: >>>.the main part of the hat is the "V" st dc shell, as stated before, but the next rows are worked in "between" the previous "V's" not "in" them, as usually done. <<<<<<

It doesn't look like plain dc to me though more like a cluster.

Re: Anthropologie hat ptn, (no longer being sold.)

The main part of the hat is the "V" st dc shell, as stated before, but the next rows are worked in "between" the previous "V's" not "in" them, as usually done.

(To make increases, you "would" work "in" the V's to add more V's)

And yes, I agree, the hat band is sc in back post every row, as said above,

then the edging shell is this:

After your last row of back post sc's, sl st to join, then in the next round you pick up the slanted shell pattern:

* ch 2, dc in same st, sc in next st, sl st in next - rep from * around.

Try to make the join look as close to the either sides. Or....... you could be sure you had enough sts to make the edge sts work out evenly. (fudging a little as you go around)

Hope this helps, I worked with the edge trim with combinations until I came up with this one that resembled it the most.

If you need help with the "V" st, (which is just a dc, ch1, & 1dc). there are sites that show the process. I'll try to work with the amount of increasing to begin the hat, and post it when I get it.

Happy crafting,

Sleepless in Seattle

. I'll try that suggestion of working in the back loops only and see how it comes out. I'm still learning to knit and I'm not sure I could "wing it" trying to knit the band.!

The band looks like it could be surface crochet on it.

Thanks for your ideas! I'm going to start this within the next few days here (I'm finishing a hat for my daughter first) and I'll let you know how it turns out.

I may actually try to finish my daughters hat with the same band. I'll try that suggestion of working in the back loops only and see how it comes out. I'm still learning to knit and I'm not sure I could "wing it" trying to knit the band.

Thanks again!

It looks like the body is done in puff stitches in a v-stitch pattern. The band actually looks knitted, but I think you would get a pretty similar effect either doing sc "back loops only" or doing it in tunisian.

Archived