witch patterns

Katy_Ravensong

Question

With Halloween coming up, we're all probably looking for witchy patterns. I am a witch so I tend to enjoy them the rest of the year as well. I've been browsing the internet - including here, Etsy, and Ravelry. I have found a lot of neat freebies. I've found some I really liked for sale but with living on social security, I cannot bring myself to pay five or ten dollars for a pattern to make something the size of my thumb. So those I skipped over. Does anyone have any favorites? Thanks.

18 answers to this question

My heartfelt thanks to Crafty Deb for the ami witch she sent me the pattern for. I have done very little amigurumi and am still getting the knack of it. My witch doesn't look like hers - not by a long shot - but I am very happy with it. I named her Bonita (I've heard that Bonita means pretty) since she's not. She's gonna be my kitchen witch!

I love it!!!! Thanks! This one will be made! I'm going to Etsy to see if I can find your shop so I can look at it, too.

I have a free pattern on my blog here

http://fuzzyfeetworks.blogspot.com/2009/07/free-little-witchy-pattern.html

And I have a different one in my Etsy shop

I completely understand about living paycheck to paycheck. I did it for the first 3/4 and then some of my life...

My theory has been that if I design something for someone in mind, I let them test it.

Sadly the last person I did that from from Crochetville didn't as much as even thank me or acknowledge that I sent her a pattern. Go figure. pashaw. Water under the bridge.

I took a little detour and am working on a mate for the doll I finished this morning.... It should be done by tomorrow though. I should get to the witch by the end of the week so hopefully early next week, you'll be working on my stitch witch. Hmm... Might have to call her that...

I'll be glad to test it for you - will probably sitting on my a$$ for awh-sile - heading to the doctor - think I have another compression fracture in my spine. Just send me a pm when it's ready. Thanks bunches! I might sound like a 'cheap-skate' because of what I said about paying for patterns. I have paid for quite a few but living on social security doesn't leave much for non-essentials.

I will be designing one after I finish the current project on my hook. I will let you know when it is done and you can test it for me ;)

This way you'll be getting one of those $5 patterns (that is much larger than a thumb since I tend to find tiny stuffies worthless lol) for free ;)

Actually, there were two of those that I didn't have. Thanks so much!:yay

Not sure if these are the freebies you already found, but here are a few

Thanks! I won't be online much today - gonna watch the grandson while his mama cleans. Need a nap before he gets here LOL - I will check out the Llewellyn - found a neat pattern over there for runes.

I know Llewellyns website has a couple patterns on it - don't remember which ones off the top of my head tho.

PM me and we'll chat.

I'm a green witch - definitely a good witch who lives by one law "harm none"! :manyheart

are you a good witch, or a bad witch? I particularly like the kitchen witch who flies in on her wooden spoon casting wonderful spells for our dining pleasure

Archived