darski

Red Yarn has gone missing

I'm just curious about clear red yarn. I depend on either Walmart or Zellers to get my yarn and I have not seen a plain red yarn in at least 6 months. There is lots of wines and cranberries but no plain red. :sigh

Is this happening elsewhere or is it just my little backwater piece of the universe? And no I don't shop online at all.:(

You made me curious, so I checked websites. Red Heart, coatsandclark.com shows Jockey Red and Cherry Red in Classic, available in Canada. Bernat doesn't show a clear red at all, I guess red is "out" this season.

I haven't been able to find a plain old red from Red Heart for about year. All I've been using is the cherry red. I wanted to work on a project for the 4th of July, but because I am a stickler for using the basic primary colors where it is called for, I put it aside until Red Heart started marketing the red yarn again. Why have the name "red" in the name of your yarn company when you don't carry plain, old red?

DCMerkle

Maybe stores will start stocking a wider range of reds as we move closer to Christmas.

I've seen red popping up in my local craft stores lately where they've started stocking for Christmas. I've seen more RHSS in plain old red at our local Walmart, although I haven't seen it stocked regularly as much.

I haven't been able to find a plain old red from Red Heart for about year. All I've been using is the cherry red. I wanted to work on a project for the 4th of July, but because I am a stickler for using the basic primary colors where it is called for, I put it aside until Red Heart started marketing the red yarn again. Why have the name "red" in the name of your yarn company when you don't carry plain, old red?

DCMerkle

:wlol :wlol :wlol and that's the truth

Hmm my walmart is kind of sparse lately. It seems like they have not been very good at restocking it.:(

I look there all the time and no wonder the lady asked me if I knitted alot. Hmm mayby I go there too much???????

Now as for the red yarn, they have cherry red, and I ve seen claret, and in the big balls they have a not too bad red. BUt I 'm not too fond of there red. I'll look later there this week.

I wish they would get in a nice peach.....

Cherry red is very popular, as it is the chosen

"red" for the special olympics in Feb. I like hot red, and cherry red, and ILTY has a pretty red as well. good luck! :)

Teapot, you might be in luck - they just came out with a new color called "coral" but it's not what i think of as coral - it's more like a nice medium peach. I haven't had a chance to pick any up yet but i saw it on the website just the other day.

thanks cammiearl, I was looking on their site, that would be nice to get peach again.

Boy I hope they don't do away with their yarn department. I would have to travel two and a half hours for yarn at a michaels and they are not cheap.

Good thing I have a good yarn stash in my basement!!!!!!!

lol so what is red? Red can be an orange red, a blue red and even a purplie (new word) red.

Red must not be "in" right now; I can't find a nice, simple red shirt, or pants either, and I LOVE red. Also, it's harder to find home decor in red (other than Christmas decorations). Everything's "cranberry" now. Grrrr. I looked at my local Hob Lob, and the only red yarn they had was either variegated or had "speckles". No, you aren't alone.

Juli from Texas

I managed to get a clear red colour in Bernat from Zellers today. I want some Christmas-y hats in my bunch. It was just nice to see it back on the shelf.

maybe they were just out last time I looked there. :wlol