Wanted: squares for a sad mom....

megsdaboss

My brother recently graduated high school and made the decidion to join the air force. He left early this month. My mom is having a terrible time dealing with him being gone, and choosing this path in life.:( I was hoping for some 6" inch squares in patriotic colors to show her that she is not alone out there, other mothers, sisters, wives, and relatives are having the same issue. :yes

I also thought, perhaps, that id there was anyone else out there, who had thetime or inclination to write her a small note or letter, letting her know she isn't alone, they are going trhough the same thing, or have gone through it. I thought it would be somewhat of a comfort for her.

:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Thank you for anyone who thinks they can help!

Hi Meg. I would love to help you. I will make a white 6" square for your mom. I will PM you when it's ready to mail.

Also, I have great admiration and respect towards your brother for his brave decision to join the air force; and also for your family, as I am sure you all have many concerns about his wellbeing and safety. I'm not sure what else to say right now to make anyone feel better, except for a heart-felt "thank you". You're in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Meg,

I know exactly how your mom feels. I have two sons that are in the military, (army & marine). It was very hard for me to deal with it when the first one joined up and not to mention when he had to go to Iraq. I put my trust and faith in God. My son came back and each day for me is a worry but I take it one day at a time. It gets eaiser to deal with each day and I could not be prouder of them both.

Oh sweetie!

HUGS to you and your mom!

God Bless your brother for what he's doing!

One of my oldest boys is in the Navy! I do know the worry and missing feelings she is having... but I couldnt be more proud of the choice he made!!! To serve and protect the rest of us is amazing! Your brother is a true blessing!

I would be happy to send you a square or two! :hug

:heart

:mug

I have two 12" Squares, one that resembes the flag with red,white and blue stipes in a granny pattern and one red one with a pretty pattern., Would you be able to use them in your moms ghan? If not its ok, Just thought Id ask first :hug

I have two 12" Squares, one that resembes the flag with red,white and blue stipes in a granny pattern and one red one with a pretty pattern., Would you be able to use them in your moms ghan? If not its ok, Just thought Id ask first :hug

Im sure I could put them in the middle of the ghan and work the smaller squares around them! thank you so much!!!!

will definitely send you squares hun...will go through the stash this pm and send em out hopefully within the week!

:hug Do you want red, white and blue in one square, Solid color squares, and do you like varigated yarn, I have alot of patriotic varigated yarn. :hug

Any of these would be fine! I just think she'll appreciate the patrioic colors, can be solid or varigiated or in stripes!! Thanks Rene!

Congrats on getting the first square ! :cheer I have the 2 ready to send out to you on the 1st :)

Never could figure out how to qoute 2 at once lol.... Thanks!!! I am looking forward to putting these all together. I have 4 worked up myself today!

Never could figure out how to qoute 2 at once lol.... Thanks!!! I am looking forward to putting these all together. I have 4 worked up myself today!

to multi-quote you click on the button "+ beside the quote button, then on the last thing you want to quote click the regular quote button, if you rest the cursor on it, multi-quote pops up.

to multi-quote you click on the button "+ beside the quote button, then on the last thing you want to quote click the regular quote button, if you rest the cursor on it, multi-quote pops up.

Learn something new all the time! ty Rene, I never would have figured that out lol.

My brother recently graduated high school and made the decidion to join the air force. He left early this month. My mom is having a terrible time dealing with him being gone, and choosing this path in life.:( I was hoping for some 6" inch squares in patriotic colors to show her that she is not alone out there, other mothers, sisters, wives, and relatives are having the same issue. :yes

I also thought, perhaps, that id there was anyone else out there, who had thetime or inclination to write her a small note or letter, letting her know she isn't alone, they are going trhough the same thing, or have gone through it. I thought it would be somewhat of a comfort for her.

:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Thank you for anyone who thinks they can help!

I'd love to help, too, Meg ~ :hook Send me your address and I'll get busy on this for you, okay? She and your brother will be in our prayers.

My son is stationed in Japan with his family now (Korea and VietNam is in their backyard), for the next 3 yrs, so I understand the anguish and *missing them* feelings, too.

Hey! Congratulations on your new baby girl, too ~ :hug Hope you are feeling good and getting back on your feet?

I'd love to help, too, Meg ~ :hook Send me your address and I'll get busy on this for you, okay? She and your brother will be in our prayers.

My son is stationed in Japan with his family now (Korea and VietNam is in their backyard), for the next 3 yrs, so I understand the anguish and *missing them* feelings, too.

Hey! Congratulations on your new baby girl, too ~ :hug Hope you are feeling good and getting back on your feet?

PM incoming... Ty so much for helping out. I know this surprise is going to be a big hit when i give it to her!

And yes, I am getting back on my feet, slowly. I wonder if it is easier to recover after a normal delivery rather then a c-section? :think All 3 of mine were delivered via section so I dont really know. lol

PM incoming... Ty so much for helping out. I know this surprise is going to be a big hit when i give it to her!

Hoping this will lift your momma's spirits, even just a little ~ :crocheting ~ knowing that your friends here are reaching out to her. :hug

And yes, I am getting back on my feet, slowly. I wonder if it is easier to recover after a normal delivery rather then a c-section? :think All 3 of mine were delivered via section so I dont really know. lol

Only just a tad ~ ;) ~ I think we would all agree that we've all been VERY happy when Delivery Day has came, no matter which way that was ~ :lol It's still an owie. How's the baby girl doing? I'm sure your other two kids are *trying* to be just as helpful, huh? :D Take care ~ :hug

Only just a tad ~ ;) ~ I think we would all agree that we've all been VERY happy when Delivery Day has came, no matter which way that was ~ :lol It's still an owie. How's the baby girl doing? I'm sure your other two kids are *trying* to be just as helpful, huh? :D Take care ~ :hug

They actually are afraid to get near her! and boy was i glad for d-day... she was 5 weeks early still but after 5 weeks of contractions and meds i was ready to go.:eek

Recieved my square from tcarra yesterday!!!! Thank you so much and sorry I didnt get to posting yesterday, we're trying to get ready for our first day of kindergarten next week!

as of monday (barring a freak rain storm) you box of 45 yes honey 45 multicilored patriotic squares will be in transit to you. im probbaly going to make a mad dash destash to the post office as i think i have counted5 possibly 5 boxes to put in ost so i should be hearin a whole lot o screamin goin on.....about as much as i did when i was screaming this am when i was ROAK'd....nearly had a heart attack when i saw who that package was from

as of monday (barring a freak rain storm) you box of 45 yes honey 45 multicilored patriotic squares will be in transit to you. im probbaly going to make a mad dash destash to the post office as i think i have counted5 possibly 5 boxes to put in ost so i should be hearin a whole lot o screamin goin on.....about as much as i did when i was screaming this am when i was ROAK'd....nearly had a heart attack when i saw who that package was from

:eek:eek:eekomg!!! that is alot! Thank you so much!

I'm a proud Army Mom, but I went through very similar struggles. I've documented my thoughts and feelings about my son and the Army in my blog: www.missiondan.blogspot.com. Hopefully, it will bring her comfort? If she'd like to talk, she can email me anytime at LyndaLHart@gmail.com

Thanks for this, I am not sure if she isready to talk about it yet, she avoids contact if she knows the convo will leadto my brother at the moment. :blush but I will see if she will talk to someone who has been dealing with it longer then she has.Thanks again

Sorry I am so late to post, We were moving this weekend and I didnt get a chance to post yesterday that I recieved 2 packages yesterday!!!

Ducky those must have taken you forever!!!!

Carole, you were definently right, that square is lovely, and should be perfect in the ghan. i can always try to work in as many squares as possible, and if I were to run into any extras I will just make pillows to go with it:yes

Thank you both so much!! I really appreciate it!

Archived