local hospital needs help

ducky73

i contacted my local hospital about sending items to them. i received a response that reads (in part)

"we can always use baby hats of all sizes, baby blankets and any other clothing items that you would be interested in making. we have many families who are unable to provide layettes for their babies and are so thrilled when they receive one"

i was also thinking about the bereavement layettes/blankets for those tiny angels born asleep.....

so whos with me here? let me know if youre interested and ill pm you my address and start a box of things and take a box to the hospital here and there

many many thanks and God Bless those of you who choose to help this worthy cause

If you can be patient, I will see what I can do to help.

Out of curiosity, which hospital are you sending them to? My sister-in-law is an emergency room nurse in Illinois, and just wondered if it could be the same hospital :think

as was brought to my attention i should have mentioned in the original post that this is an ongoing, no deadline project. there are always families in need.

just giving this a bump so if nay newbies wanna join in they can maybe....sometimes its hard to find things round here......so ladies (and gents of course) get out your hooks and yarn and let the fun begin!!!

I managed to get one gown done for a baby born asleep, I still need to make the bonnet and booties and blankie to go with it. The gown came out cute. When I get the ribbons and the rest of the set done, I will post pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

how are things going ladies (and gents if there are any)? along with the isolette snakes im planning on making im also going to try and crochet (probably end up sewing) a version of the 8 pocket tote and including some sample sized things along with a few diapers...........just thought that would be nice

im still in awe that ive seen parents out and about ask the when theyre due and there like oh any day now and we have nothing for the baby!!! :think:eek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I just sent some baby hats to Hannah in NC I think. She is the founder of From Ewe to You charity. She said they were so cute. I thought they were.. Not cause I crocheted them. Just cause it is cute yarn and pattern. I still have some yarn left. Only girl colors though. I will make you some and send um. Not sure when. Still owe Hannah some squares and haven't had time to crochet them. But soon though. I'm not in school next week so maybe them I'll be able to get some crocheting done. Can you pm me your address?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived