Dustin1980

New guy in town

Welcome Dustin!

My bro (lots older than both of us lol) is an avid needlepoint and crewel embroidery guy. He has created some of the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen!

Glad you could join in. Project and puppy pictures please :hook

:welcome to the Ville! We're glad you're here :hook

Howdie, Dustin! Welcome from another one of the guys in the group. And I share your sentiments, just from a little different angle.

From NorthEastern Washington State, welcome from Jimbo

Welcome from Chicago Dustin! You'll love this site, and I know you'll fit right in!

Howdy from Oklahoma Dustin

Welcome to Crochetville

Howdie, Dustin! Welcome from another one of the guys in the group. And I share your sentiments, just from a little different angle.

From NorthEastern Washington State, welcome from Jimbo

Jimbo-

Thanks for the welcome. I may have to check out your hooks. They look great. I've never used a wooden one OR one that is handmade.

-Dustin

Hi welcome, i taught my 56 year old brother how to crochet, and we joined a couple swaps, and he made squares, and scarves, and even some charity work. We would go on Saturdays, and have "yarn" trips, either garage sales, or yarn shops, or to the local no kill animal shelter to donate our "snugglies," and or food for the cats and dogs there, and the vets home, to donate some of the things we made.They put the flag afghan we made, on lottery, and some very nice older gentleman won, and he was almost in tears with it, so pleased to have it. So, keep up the good work!

Welcome from Ruth in East Texas

Thank you, Ruth! May I ask what part of East Texas you are from? I've spent alot of time living and working around those parts. (Longville, Hallsville, Tyler, Van, Mineola, Lindale...)

I was actually working in Hallsville when I learned how to crochet.

welcome welcome welcome! I taught my fiance to crochet but he doesn't do it much. I keep trying to get him to practice and he never does lol. Anyway you're going to love it here!

Thank you, Ruth! May I ask what part of East Texas you are from? I've spent alot of time living and working around those parts. (Longville, Hallsville, Tyler, Van, Mineola, Lindale...)

I was actually working in Hallsville when I learned how to crochet.

Longview, actually.

Glad to have you here!

:hi:welcome:dance:waving Welcome aboard the Crochetville train. You are among great company. We are so friendly, welcoming and helpful here. What ever tickles your fancy, you can find in C'ville. I love to see men join here. I've been wanting to teach my husband to crochet. He said that he would, when he retires. Ha! He retires at the end of the year, so I am going to nab him and make him learn. I've got my hooks and yarn, just waiting for him to come home on that last day on the job. He may hate me for the rest of my life :rofl

You just stick with it and show us pictures of your projects.....we LOVE pictures!:devil

Hey Dustin! You know I'm a newbie too! Welcome aboard!

Hello Dustin and :welcome -- glad to have you hear with us on the 'Ville! I knew a man once that taught himself to crochet in his early 40's, he made all kinds of shawls and blankets after he mastered his first scarves and when asked why he decided to do it he told everyone he wanted something to occupy his spare time once he retired later in life and at that point he didn't want to be learning the craft but be really good at it so he could make others happy around him!

I give you credit for sticking to it! You will learn a lot from everyone here - the pics, tips and advice on projects flow freely and we all end up learning something here!:yes

Oh and Jimbo's hooks - you HAVE to try one - you will be amazed....;)

Happy 30th Bday!!!!! I loved turning 30! wasn't hard at all- in fact quite a fun time ....it was turning 31 when it hit me LOLOLOL!

Again welcome and happy crocheting!

HI and welcome from Indiana. I think it is wonderful that you crochet, it is a great stress reliever.

Hello from south Florida!

:hi and :welcome from South Texas!

I think it's great when a guy learns how to crochet! I've been trying to get my hubby to let me teach him for years now, and while I AM making a bit of progress (he now weaves in the ends for me and I have to say, he does wield a mean darning needle! :lol) he has yet to pick up a hook. I'm not going to give up, though.

You're going to love it here! I think my favorite part is the Show and Tell forums where everyone posts pictures of their finished projects. I love seeing everyone's work, it's great for giving me ideas on what to do next and for giving me the inspiration to persevere with those tougher projects when you see how beautiful they are when they are done!

Hello,welcome to Crochetville.

:welcome:welcome:welcome

Hope you enjoy the message board.