The Maddie poncho

Tiffany

I finally, about two or three months later than I really should have (see below :) ), finished a poncho for my two-year old, Maddie.

maddieponcho.jpg

She wore her sister's poncho for months from morning until night. You wouldn't believe how much guilt the grandmas collectively put on me for not getting this done sooner! :P lol She's kind of pouting in this photo, being caught in nothing but a poncho and pj bottoms. I don't know why, it may actually be more of a pose but that bottom lip was sticking out!

I used RH Super Saver in Red and used this pattern as a guide, changing the hook size and rectangle size to fit.

Looks great Tiff!! My dd's favorite colors are red & pink too Rachel! I've been wanting to make that pattern but wondered how quickly it would go. Thanks for showing us!! Bet she is excited to have her own.

~Rebecca

Thank you all. :):hug She crawled into bed with me this morning and something didn't feel right.... I had poncho fringe in my face!

Karen, it uses a v-stitch. I used a K/10.5 mm hook and a worsted weight so the "V"s are big, but not too big. :)

Rebecca B - you won't believe how fast those rectangles work up! The first one took me two days because I started it on our way home from Arizona and finished it the next day. I was able to make the other rectangle in about 2-3 hours, give or take. :)

Totally cute !!

I did one for my friend's 2year old and she's always in it and SO proud of it......she calls it her "banjo" cause she can't say poncho, LMAO. Her cousins are allowed to look at her banjo but not play with it, :bow

Archived