Lovin2Crochet's Doilies

Lovin2Crochet

Well, I finished my "Tenderness" doily, designed by Dot Drake ~ :clap I did my center a little different from her's tho, kinda by accident since I wasn't sure what I was doing ~ :P ~ I just hope I can remember *how* I did it for next time. I didn't care for how it looked in the pattern picture, so I'm well pleased with my version ~ :D

post-32836-135897560526_thumb.jpg

I love the changes you made in the Dot Drake doily because the end result is beautiful with the pink and green as it really makes the various sections stand out. Very, very nice work.

:cheer:clap

Carole, how big is the pineapple doily? From the picture it reminds me of a vintage thread motif that I've been wanting to tackle.

Keep that hook a flyin' lady! :hook You do great work! :hug:manyheart

First of all, thank you everyone for your compliments ~ you're so kind. :manyheart

I'll show a picture of the leaflet showing the center of the Tenderness doily and how the designer did her center. I'm not big on pink and blue, so chose light and medium peach with light avocado green. I'm already thinking of some other color combinations to use, too ~ :D This doily is 14 inches. I tried searching for the pattern online, but haven't found it . . . yet.

The Pineapple doily is about 7 inches. I made mine from #3 thread in maize/yellow using a G hook. The pattern called for #10 thread and an 8 hook. I'm getting kinda hooked on these pineapple designs, too ~ :hook Maybe because my grandmother made quite a few, but I never tackled doing doilies until these past couple of years. I'd always done edgings, baby things, dolls and a couple of afghans. So I'm having a lot of fun, enjoying doily-making now ~ :crocheting I really like the vintage doilies, too.

Thank you again for your wonderful kind comments ~ :hug

I love the changes you made in the Dot Drake doily because the end result is beautiful with the pink and green as it really makes the various sections stand out. Very, very nice work.

:cheer:clap

Carole, how big is the pineapple doily? From the picture it reminds me of a vintage thread motif that I've been wanting to tackle.

Keep that hook a flyin' lady! :hook You do great work! :hug:manyheart

post-32836-135897561024_thumb.jpg

This is my very first Pineapple crochet I'd ever done ~ a bookmark from one of my Spiritual Symbols (?) pattern book. This started my love for pineapples ~ :manyheart This was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, so my next attempt will be working with #20 thread, since that will be another new thing for me. :D

post-32836-135897561029_thumb.jpg

I love the Tenderness Doily, love the colors... I did also love Dot version to...Love the idea of the doily speaking PIE'S to me. You done a wonderful with your colors. Love your cross bookmark. since it turn out really big you can stiffin it and hang it up in your rooms or frame it. Its also beautiful.

Thank you, everyone ~ :)

:lol Yeah, my hubby was thinking of "pizza". Doing this doily got me bit by the Doily Bug, for sure ~ :hook I've got several of Dot Drakes' doily patterns so I'm anxious to try some more. I love her designs.

The friend I made the Cross Bookmark for was thinking of doing the same thing, stiffening it and putting it in a frame. It would be pretty, for sure.

I love the Tenderness Doily, love the colors... I did also love Dot version to...Love the idea of the doily speaking PIE'S to me. You done a wonderful with your colors. Love your cross bookmark. since it turn out really big you can stiffin it and hang it up in your rooms or frame it. Its also beautiful.

Archived