Daisy Square yay!

meowy

Yay! It is from the pattern by Krochet Krystal

http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/2006/09/daisy-flower-crochet-charity-square.html

I hope she will like it and be able to use it. It's 8" so I am sending this one off to her for her afghans. Then I'll make some more!

The trick is to make sure your yarn is in the right spot *before* you change colors! Otherwise, it'll end up behind and you won't be able to crochet with it on the next round :) I had to unravel a few times before I got the hang of it hehe.

Going to make a few up to put in my squares pile for a someday-afghan hehe!

:manyheart

post-422-135897560452_thumb.jpg

so VERY pretty. i am sure she will love it. goood job. it took me a yr to figuire it out, so ya, have to get the yarn just right. :)

Sandy

Thank you both :)

Yeah it was tough at first. The trick is to always make sure when you're putting a loop from one color onto a temporary stitch holder that you push it to the front of the work slightly, as well as the yarn from it to the skein, put it to the front of the work too. Otherwise it gets stuck behind and your whole daisy square won't work.

Then each time you go between one color or another, you just put it on a temporary holder and that's it! :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Krochet Krystal? I have tried to join the yahoo group but can't get a responding email to join. i have tried to email her from the addy on the website, but no answer.

i would love this pattern and would send her the "payment" square as needed, but I can't get her!!!! Can anyone please help?

Angela

i did a search through the members list, and it says her last post was in dec 2009, so not sure if that means shes no longer checking c'ville or what. sorry i cant give more info

i had an idea so went to ravelry to see if she was there. says shes not posted there since dec, so i sent her a message through it to let her know you were looking for her to help w/ the square. hopefully she will get in touch :)

I do like that daisy Hediye! How can I get that pattern?

And thanks to those who have tried to contact Krochet Krystal.... maybe we will have some luck, that's a long time to go without posting or anything, hope she is ok...

Angela (new to crochetville and "groups" in general - can't you tell HA!)

Thanks Hediye! I did join and download the pattern.... not too sure it will work as the square is a different size I think but maybe I could do some adjusting...

Still on the look out for the Krochet Krystal Charity Daisy pattern....

Thanks

Angela

I downloaded the tutorial and got the pattern and also got the tutorial... thank goodness! I worked on it last night, only had to pull out one row!

I think I have the hang of it, so today has me buying some yarn :)

My daughter loves it and wants me to make an afghan for her friends birthday in May. The colors she wants are black center, white petals, and red background.

What do you think?

Angela

i did hear back from krystal on ravelry, shes krystal16 there. in regards to her yahoo group, she says if you dont put something in your request like "square" or "daisy" she may presume you are a spammer and not add you. so anyone who wants to join, but havent got allowed in, try that and see if it works. :) good luck

Archived