Hi Everyone -

I have gone through a lot of threads on this wonderful site to try and find recent information on using the "EdgeryDoo" but everything seems to be fairly old information.

I am wondering if those of you who are using it can tell me what you are using for the mat or pad that goes beneath the material for when you punch through. I've seen ceiling tiles and foam board suggested but hoping there might be something easier out there or any other ideas you have.

I am surprised this part isn't offered with the kit but I want one and will probably order soon.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions. :manyheart

Kathy

When you order one they send you an information packet via e-mail. I went today and bought what I need to make the pad. Plus they said they send a CD with pictures on how to make it. My EdgeryDoo is in the mail to me now!! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

When you order one they send you an information packet via e-mail. I went today and bought what I need to make the pad. Plus they said they send a CD with pictures on how to make it. My EdgeryDoo is in the mail to me now!! :cheer

Hi Sue -

Which one of the kits did you order? I am wanting to do a lot of edging on fleece and cotton. I am new to using a rotary cutter too. I would lay the fleece out on a table and hand cut it all - can you say "stupid" :think

Hi Sue -

Which one of the kits did you order? I am wanting to do a lot of edging on fleece and cotton. I am new to using a rotary cutter too. I would lay the fleece out on a table and hand cut it all - can you say "stupid" :think

Hi Kathy!

I ordered the 6" square. I want to make blankets for the grandsons for Christmas! With this you use the template and cut around it with the rotary tool.

I have all the EdgeryDoo's and also the rotary one (I can never rememeber the name of it) I like them both. for the pad I use a cardboard box, it is the priority box, the flatter one and fill it with stuffing paper and it works really well... stuff it full then when the holes get to big I take the paper out and put it in a new box....works well... good luck

So basically do you just need something sturdy to punch through underneath the fabric? I like the box idea but why is the stuffing needed in it?

yes you just need to have something to stop the ice pick thing.....I use the stuffing because it makes the box sturder when you are pushing the pick through the fabric...hope this makes sense...

Yes, that makes sense. I think I will be ordering one of these. I like the idea of the "Skip Stitch" one too but am thinking the holes might be kind of big. Anyone use this?

I use cork wall tiles...they are intended to be put on walls like a cork board. they come in a pack of four wrapped in plastic the perfect size for a punch mat

Yes, that makes sense. I think I will be ordering one of these. I like the idea of the "Skip Stitch" one too but am thinking the holes might be kind of big. Anyone use this?

That is the name of the rotary one, I can never remember it, I actually like it better, I have both sizes and use it more than the EdgeryDoo, I think it is easier.... I use the small size when I am going to crochet with thread and the larger size when I am going to crochet with yarn... I have used them both on fleece and also on fabrics...

The rotary tool is the skip-stitch blade. I use it in combination with the Edgerydoo. I have the original edgerydoo and use it to make the pretty rounded corners on my blankets. Thenk I use the skip-stitch blade to pierce the fabric.

The rotary tool is the skip-stitch blade. I use it in combination with the Edgerydoo. I have the original edgerydoo and use it to make the pretty rounded corners on my blankets. Thenk I use the skip-stitch blade to pierce the fabric.

So you don't use the punch that comes with the EdgeryDoo kit? Are the holes that the skip-stitch blade makes real big? Do you use it for cotton material too or just on fleece?

Thank you for your help.

My new edgerydoo 12 inch template is on the way! I am going to make the t-shirt blanket from the Crochet World Magazine.

Now, if i can just get my sister to send me the t-shirts for my Nephew's blanket.

I use several layers of corrugated cardboard with packing tape over it. It works great!

I save large boxes when I know I'm going to need to use my edgerydoo, then fold up the cardboard and tape it. When it's too punched up, I just get more.

RE: skip stitch blades - the blade actually cuts little holes in the fabric, and I like that the Edgerydoo doesn't cut the fabric.

Edited by happy stitcher

There are 3 different sized skip stitch blades; I have the medium one. I love it! I've only used it on fleece material, and it makes a hole just slightly larger than an H-hook's circumference. I love being able to pierce the side of a baby fleece blanket in seconds with that thing. I think I've used it so much I'm making it dull!

There are 3 different sized skip stitch blades; I have the medium one. I love it! I've only used it on fleece material, and it makes a hole just slightly larger than an H-hook's circumference. I love being able to pierce the side of a baby fleece blanket in seconds with that thing. I think I've used it so much I'm making it dull!

That is good to know. I would like to make cotton blankets too but am thinking I will need a smaller blade for that.

Now I don't know what to buy!!

Did you get your EdgeryDoo yet and have you used it? Please post pictures of your first project and your experience using it.

Did you get your EdgeryDoo yet and have you used it? Please post pictures of your first project and your experience using it.

I haven't used it yet since it came the day before we left on our cruise and now trying to settle into "normal" life. I hope to play with it tomorrow!

I haven't used it yet since it came the day before we left on our cruise and now trying to settle into "normal" life. I hope to play with it tomorrow!

I wish I was on a cruise!! How fun for you.

I am looking forward to seeing what you created with it and the ease of it's use.

Kathy

my mom said she would get me one for christmas, I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what some of you have created with it.

So you don't use the punch that comes with the EdgeryDoo kit? Are the holes that the skip-stitch blade makes real big? Do you use it for cotton material too or just on fleece?

Thank you for your help.

I don't use the punch. I have it in case I decide to use it though. I like the speed of the skip-stitch and the lovely edges of the Edgerydoo. In addition, I'm just not organized enough to get a punch board :lol.

I only work on fleece.

I think both projects are fabulous and wouldn't want to be without either one!

Just wondering if you have had a chance to use the EdgeryDoo yet??? I am anxious to see a picture of what you created with it.

Just wondering if you have had a chance to use the EdgeryDoo yet??? I am anxious to see a picture of what you created with it.

I have been using it, but haven't finished anything yet and don't want to share what it is until its done. Its a great product and I love it!!

Sue -

I am still waiting to see your creation....anything yet???

Still working on it. I had to get a few other things finished first. I'm heading back to work on it today. :)