What does this square look like...........? (2 images)

champygirl

What does this suqare look like?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. What does this suqare look like?

• Snowflake
    • Star
    • Like it
    • Dislike it (Square needs work)

Hi I was just wondering how this square looked.

post-11825-135897556987_thumb.jpg

Does it look like a snowflake?

It's supposed to be a snowflake. I ask my mom and she said it looked like a snowflake but then I asked two other people and they said star. Just looking for some feedback whether it looks like a snowflake or do I need to go back to the drawing board. Thanks. :hook

post-11825-135897556981_thumb.jpg

It is a very nice square, but I do think that the moment it isn't down in white it will look like a star. So I think that right now it's too colour-dependent (it must be white to to be a snowflake). Maybe add one more round to the star/snowflake and it will look more like a snowflake. Keep it up, you'll get it just right!! And if you do the starting round in a different colour it could be a flower. Could be three patterns in one.

I would say a flower or a star...and like the others said it's color dependent.

Done in pink with a green outer would be floral or yellow with a black outer would be a star.

I think it's very pretty, but it looks more like a flower than either a snowflake or a star to me. I do hope you will write a pattern for it just as it is, because it is so pretty, and not try to make it more like a snowflake.

A pentacle has five points and this star has six (Star of Solomon like you said) but yes, it would fit very well in the Wiccan patterns thread. thank you! I would use this because when the two triangles are merged (for the male and female energies) it is a six-pointed star.

It looks like a pentagram (Star of Solomon).

You should post it on the Wiccan patterns thread. They'd LOVE it over there.

Actually, it could be used as either a snowflake or a star. I would save a copy in each of my folders when you post the pattern. If I had looked at it without the star suggestion already in my mind, yeah - I would have said snowflake. It's beautiful! I do want the pattern!

i have an idea/suggestion...call it the "chameleon" square since it can change between a snowflake, star and a flower. :D

(it's late, i've had a sick puppy all day and my brain just works in very odd ways sometimes..lol)

Sandy

Hello,

I personally think that it very much looks like a snowflake!

It definitely looked alot like some of the ones that were on my all black puppy when she was in a light snow. :flake

If you are making the afghan in these colors, instead of pulling it apart, and starting over, you could use a lacy pattern using the snowflake color to connect the blocks, and it would pull it all together!:yay

I think the blocks are beautiful!

Great work!!

Blessings to you.

Anne

Beautiful square! To me it looks like a snowflake but if done is a color it could be a starflower too!

Thanks everyone for your input. :c9:yes I figure I'd leave this square be, as I really like it as is. :manyheart

I'll either call it Starry Snowflake Square or Snowflake Star Square. I did come up with another snowflake square that is more octagon/six sided and has a lacier center. I plan on posting both of them in original patterns eventually, first I have to get the directions typed up. :yes Thanks again everyone. :yes You really helped. :hug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

either way - I call it cute! I do love the middle section with the um star i guess... i wouldn't mind seeing a little more in the main body of the square, but thats cause i get bored so quickly :)

got it - it would make a good pinwheel - i would love to see a version with the snowflake/star portion in front and an offset something in the background, another one or a slightly differnet pattern to make it stand out :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived