Babette Cal

Anyone?? I have been googleing images lately and I am memorized by some of the afghans I am seeing!! But I KNOW I need cheerleaders :cheer to do this. & for me anyways it will be slow going, considering I'm also doing stitch sampler, and friendship-ghan cal. :lol But it's an easy project to do a square here and there. So who's with me?? This could be fun!!!:yay

Are you going to be using the Babette pattern from the Crochet magazine (the pattern everyone talks about and I probably cannot buy from the UK:lol) or is it OK to do an 'inspired by the Babette pattern' blanket?:think

Are you going to be using the Babette pattern from the Crochet magazine (the pattern everyone talks about and I probably cannot buy from the UK:lol) or is it OK to do an 'inspired by the Babette pattern' blanket?:think

you buy it from interweave as a download

ive been practicing for a babette and suggest you do something similar to me.

theres a point where you have to sew five 2 round squares in a row and this should fit nicely to the side of a 10 round square. this doesnt always work, the number of seams adds to the length and the bits dont fit.

in my sample ive had to make my 2 row squares in HDC not DC to get them to fit. i checked in a group on ravelry and there seems to be a few people with the 2 row squares not fitting cos they are too big. someone suggested just doing the 1st round in hdc and someone else said too use a smaller hook just for those squares.

my currnt way, making just the 2 row ones all in hdc seems to work. they do come out a little tighter but hopfully over the blanket will look fine :)

if anyone has any other suggestions im happy to listen but would strongly suggest you try this test first as you will a good way into it before realising theres aproblem. its with the smalleest squares in proportion to the larger squares.

hope that makes sense

I've got some squares laying around somewhere but not sure if they are the color scheme I want to use. I will have to check. But since I can't send squares for the friendshipghan cal I might make some here and there :).

I'm sorry I am not up to trying this right now.:blush I don't have the time, the skills or the inspiration at the moment! :thinkBut I will cheer others along when you all get going and maybe I will join in later!:cheer

Archived