help w/ a pattern stitch

darski

I have a pattern (written out by a friend) that is a 6 row pattern but I can't make it work for me. if anyone can identify the pattern and give me the multiples to start I would really appreciate it.

rows 1-4 stockinette starting with knit row

Row 5: k1, *p1, leave yarn in front and sl 1 purlwise,* repeat to end

Row 6: k1 *p1, k1* rep to end.

I think there may be an error in this but it's possible that I am just not getting it.

I tried doing this with just k1, sl1 purlwise wyf but that didn't work either. the problem may be with the 6th row as it created a vertical line in what should be an horizontal design.

anyone :think

:cheerHello Darski.

Is this like a Fishermans Rib Pattern?

If it is, on the first row, you are working a P1 then you put the yarn to the Knit position before you SL1 Purlwise, then you put the yarn back to the Purl positin to Purl the next stitch. Keep doing this across the row where you should finish with a Purl

On the following row you will be Purling the stitch you slipped, along with the yarn that goes behind it then Knitting the stitch you Purled.

Let me know if this helps you.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Hi Colleen... no it is not like Fisherman's rib. After the 1st kn stitch on the (pattern) row, you keep the yarn in front and you purl and slip and purl and slip.

However I am wondering if you should start with an uneven multiple so as you say I would be knitting the purl and purling the knit. I am now purling the purl and knitting the knit.. as seen on the front. I think maybe my knitting is just not as "neat" as Mary's. :sigh

:cheerYeah!! Got it now.

I did not read all of what you had written the first time.

My husband always says, "if in doubt, read the instructions"

I was also getting my front and back muddled.

It is as simple as Purling the first stitch, and slipping the next one and then purling the next etc.

The yarn just makes a wee loop across in front of the slipped stitch.

I used an odd number of stitches so I could have a Knit stitch at both ends of Row 5

On row 6, just work the stitches as they face you, knit the knits and purl rhe purls.art the row but you will also end with a purl stitch because you started row 5 with a knit stitch.

It looks very cute so I hope you can work it out.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, Sorry for the false start.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived