Maybe I should set a goal, say 100....

rascalsmom

;) My daughter asked me recently how many doilies I have. I really didn't know what to tell her, since I'd never counted them.

Well, today I counted. I have a total of 62! Of those, probably five were not made by me. The rest I made. I've got another one on the hook, so that will make 63 once it's finished.

Maybe I should set a goal of 100. :lol

:D

You've got me beat...I know I've *crocheted* over 100 doilies, but I haven't kept most of them. I can't count, because mine are in Poland, but I don't think I even have 30...but maybe I'm close.

I have designed 92 doilies or runners. Now I don't have all of these as I do gift my family with my designs whether they like it or not.....

But counted 85 doilies in my possesion at the moment and another one on the hook. A Few of those are ones my grandmother made. I do cherish them. And the first ones I ever made.

I will never stop making doilies since that to me it the true joy. Being able to enjoy them around the house is just icing on the cake to me.....

Okay can you say addicted..................................................:devil I know I am.

If I add the ones I have given away....let's see, that's probably 6 or 7....I have a hard time parting with them!! Most especially Kathy's designs; those just seem too pretty to give away. I did give away one of those to my sister; she commented that the colors would be perfect for her dining room--and they are--so I gave it to her.

So I guess my all-time total would be around 70.

My husband once asked me "how many of those do you need?"....ahem, I don't "need" any, but I like making them, and I enjoy displaying them!

I've only made one doily, one coaster and one thread cross bookmark so far. I was determined to learn thread crochet and I love it. In all my years of crochet, I only made one pair of slippers successfully from a pattern. This year I finally conquered pattern reading and I feel like there is no stopping me. I've got about as much thread in my stash now as yarn and that is a lot! I love doilies!!

Doilies are my favourite thing to crochet, ( especially Katchkan's), and I don't feel there is any need to find a useful purpose for them. The whole point is the pleasure I get from making them. The fact that they look nice round my house is just a bonus. I do give some away, but only to people who will really appreciate them.

Doilies are my favourite thing to crochet, ( especially Katchkan's), and I don't feel there is any need to find a useful purpose for them. The whole point is the pleasure I get from making them. The fact that they look nice round my house is just a bonus. I do give some away, but only to people who will really appreciate them.

I agree!!! It's so relaxing to have thread and a hook in your hands, and Kathy's patterns. Life is good.

Very interesting subject, now I have to go count them, all I can say is, in my country people start make doilies, bedspreads, sets as soon as they have baby gorl, each set is 16 pieces, I have several of them, Let me count them:)

Demet

One that's crochet, it's red and done in the Williamsburg Doily pattern online

Two that are tatted, both were mailed off last Christmas to my dear friend

One other doily, I didn't make it though. It's made by my husband's great gramma a few years ago. She madea bunch in worsted weight then let us pick whatever color we wanted! Mine's blue and white :)

I want to make more crochet doilies, but it kind of falls into the huge list of stuff I want to do. So much fun things to do and not enough energy to do them all!

Archived