is cotton yarn center pull??

judypudy

i am in kitchen dish scrubby:yay mode at the present time...and i bought some

peaches n cream on sale at walmart. my question is:think ...are these center pull or do u use them from the outside in?? that is how i have been using them (them rolling around on the couch beside me!!:eek) but i never tried to see if they can be center pull??? anyone know??? thank you in advance...:cheer

Yes there is a center pull. You just have to dig for it and maybe deal with some yarn barf at the beginning, but to me it is worth it to be able to use it from the center.

I wrap the outside yarn around the ball a couple of times and tie it loosely. Then reach inside the ball with my finger and pull out a small amount of the "yarn barf" in the middle. Unwind that and you have a center pull ball. I've been using a lot of cotton yarn lately, too, it's too hot for anything else right now. Lots of dishcloths and potholders!!! :hook

Hope this helps. Occasionally I will run across a ball that actually has the inside end (hope this makes sense) sticking out, but they are few and far between.

I have a yarn winder (non electric) that I use to rewind my cotton yarn (various brands -Peaches n Cream, Sugar n Cream, Bernat's Handicraft) into "cakes" with a center pull end clearly visible. I find this is less trouble than trying to dig through the skein to find the center pull end.

• 8 months later...
(them rolling around on the couch beside me!!:eek)

I too pull from the center and deal with the "yarn barf".

And here's a tip for you: I use a lined basket instead of chasing my ball of yarn everywhere. The bigger the project, the bigger the basket to hold more yarn. Or even a mixing bowl, large jar, metal flower bucket, coffee can, gallon size ziplock bag, etc. There are so many options. Sure saves on the chasing and unraveling.:D

Archived