Stitches Aplenty 12" Square

Ok this square I was inspired to make because of the Stitch sampler afghan I am trying out atm. I thought maybe a square that has several different stitches and methods would be kinda fun. So here it is......

Materials:

Roughly about 3 ounces of WW or cotton yarn

Size I (5.50 mm) hook

Special Stitches:

Popcorn Stitch: Do 5 Dc in stitch indicated then remove hook and insert in beginning 5 Dc cluster and back into last then Yo and pull through both loops on the hook.

Cluster Stitch: *Yo insert hook into stitch indicated, Yo and pull up a loop, Yo and pull through two loops on hook* repeat from *to* twice more then Yo and pull through all 4 loops on hook. In stitch indicated.

V Stitch: (Dc, Ch.1, Dc) in stitch indicated.

Cross Stitch: Skip two stitches Dc in third stitch then Dc in previous stitch.

Begin with a Ch.5 and Slst to form a ring

Rnd 1: Ch.3, 15 Dc into ring, Join with a Slst to 3rd Ch. of beginning Ch.3.

Rnd 2: (Ch.3, Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) all in same space as joining. Dc in next three Dc, *(2 Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in next Dc, Dc in next three Dc* repeat from *to * around and join with a Slst to 3rd Ch. of beginning Ch.3.

Rnd 3: Slst to next Ch.2 space. (Ch.3, Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.2 space, Dc in next Dc, Ch.1, Skip next Dc, Popcorn stitch in next Dc, Ch.1 skip next Dc, Dc in next Dc, *(2 Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.2 space, Dc in next Dc, Ch.1, skip next Dc, Popcorn stitch in next Dc, Ch.1, skip next Dc, Dc in next Dc* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to 3rd Ch. of beginning Ch.3.

Rnd 4: Slst to next Ch.2 space. Ch.1 *(3 Sc) in Ch.2 space, Sc in next 3 Dc, Sc in Ch.1 space, Sc in Popcorn stitch, Sc in Ch.1 space, Sc in next 3 Dc* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to beginning Sc.

Rnd 5: Slst 2nd Sc of the three Sc corner area. Ch.1 *(Sc, Ch.3, Sc) all in same Sc, Sc in every Sc across* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to beginning Sc.

Rnd 6: Slst to next Ch.3 space, (Ch.3, Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.3 space, IN BACK LOOPS ONLY Dc in every Sc across, *(2 Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.3 space, IN BACK LOOPS ONLY Dc in every Sc across* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to 3rd Ch. of beginning Ch.3.

Rnd 7: Slst to next Ch.2 space. (Ch.3, Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.2 space, {Dc in next Dc, Ch.1, skip next Dc, Cluster stitch in next Dc, Ch.1} across to next Ch.2 space *(2 Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.2 space, Dc in next Dc, Ch.1, skip next Dc, Cluster stitch in next Dc, Ch.1* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to 3rd Ch. of beginning Ch.3

Rnd 8: Slst to next Ch.2 space. (Ch.3, Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.2 space, Dc in next three Dc, Dc in first Ch.1 space, Ch.1, {Dc, Ch.1} in every Ch.1 space across except for last, Dc in last Ch.1 space, Dc in next three Dc, *(2 Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.2 space, Dc in next three Dc, Dc in first Ch.1 space, Ch.1, {Dc, Ch.1} in every Ch.1 space across except for last, Dc in last Ch.1 space, Dc in next three Dc* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to 3rd Ch. of beginning Ch.3.

Rnd 9: Slst to next ch.2 space. Ch.1, *(Sc, Ch.3, Sc) in Ch.2 space, Sc in every Dc and Ch.1 space across* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to beginning Sc.

Rnd 10: Slst to next Ch.3 space. (Ch.3, Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.3 space, Ch.1, {skip next 3 Sc, V stitch in next Sc, Ch.1} across, *(2 Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.3 space, Ch.1, Skip next 3 Sc, V stitch in next Sc, Ch.1* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to 3rd Ch. of beginning Ch.3.

Rnd 11: Slst to next Ch.2 space. (Ch.4, 2 Tc, Ch.3, 3 Tc) in Ch.2 space, Tc in every Ch.1 space and Dc across, *(3 Tc, Ch.3, 3 Tc) in Ch.2 space, Tc in every Ch.1 space and Dc across* repeat from *to* around and join with a Slst to 4th Ch. of beginning Ch.4.

Rnd 12: Slst to next Ch. 3 space. (Ch.3, Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.3 space, Cross stitch, {Ch.1, Cross stitch, Ch.1} across, *(2 Dc, Ch.2, 2 Dc) in Ch.3 space, Cross stitch, Ch.1, Cross stitch, Ch.1* repeat from *to* around. Finish off and weave in ends.

I hope you like this square and have fun making it. I also hope I did the pattern so that everyone could understand it ok. Enjoy! :manyheart

post-38400-135897555467_thumb.jpg

Thanks I just hope I typed it out right. I'm just now starting to make my own patterns and I know how to read my patterns but I'm not sure that everyone else can :rofl.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived