Someone STOLE my crochet at the fair!

Mrs. Principal

So I went to the couny fair today to pick up the 9 items I had entered. I was really excited beacuase I had won a ribbon on each, and also earned enough points to be given the grand champion award for needle craft. When we got to the fair before the award cermony, I brought my DH into the Home Ec building to show him my ribbons, and to look around. Well, the felted tote bag I made with a beautiful felted flower on it was missing!:angry:angry:angry:(:(:( I looked around a few different areas to see if had been moved, and then went to the judges table! They searched the building too, and it never turned up. What we figured is that on Friday night, our area was hit hard with some storms. The home ec building is a severe weather shelter area for the fair, so they piled a bunch of people in there. My tote was haning up on display, we found the two hooks it was hanging on, pushed under a table, and assumed someone put the tote over their shoulder and walked out with it. I was so upset, and even cried. How can some one do this! Don't they realize the time and effort put into it, don't they realize the pride we take in creating beautiful items from yarn!

Of course, to make matters worse, I had made this tote bag (even lined it and added inside pockets before the fair!) as my school bag for the year, even picked more expensive wool.

Gosh, It's sooooo upsetting. Fair people were sympathic, but reminded me that in the fair rule book it states they are not responsible for items.

Sorry to vent, just knew my friends here would understand my pain.

The good news is that I won $65 from the fair, so I will head out to the store to buy new wool yarn tomorrow and start over. :yarn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear what happened!! It's just unbelievable the things people do!! Wowie on the $65.00!! (have fun picking out wool for your new school bag!!) :)

:(How devastating! I am so sorry that happened to you! I hope some day you are walking down the street, and you see that beautiful tote bag swinging from someones shoulder...and you can:kick:box:tryme:rant:2nono

Sorry about your loss. Isn't it terrible when someone does something like that? They wanted it, they took it. I would be very upset about that.

And I would definately take your winnings and get some more high quality yarn and make another one.

:manyheart

So sorry this happened to you. That's really dumb, especially if the person is local, they could walk down the street past you with it. Some people have no morals.

Oh, I am soooo sorry. I am sad to read about the loss of your hard work!

On a happier note, "Congratulations!" on your Grand Champion status :clap The theft of your bag is a definite cloud :rainover your experience, but I hope you will be able to bounce back (especially with the help of some yarn 'retail therapy' :shop).

:hugWishes for a better start to your week.

I too am sorry for the loss of your bag. People can be hurtful at times, I can only hope the person who took it needed it more then you.

That's what I was hoping. Guess I should be flattered that they loved my creation that much.

Thank you ladies for your support! Yesterday I was so mad, I told DH that I was never entering another fair again. Today, I am more open minded, besides the fair is one of the highlights of my summer. I checked my statch, and I have enough yarn still for the flower part, so I just need to buy new wool for the bag. Going to get that, plus a few other goodies for myself at Hobby Lobby.

So sorry to hear that your bag was stolen. I would have been devastated. I can't believe that the fair personnel are not a little more security minded. At least you won enought money to replace it. Have fun recreating your bag.

People can be so horrible! I am so sorry for you! I know that would have been just an awful thing if it happened to me too! I think the Fair people should take at least SOME responsibility as they did let people in that building for shelter. Maybe under the usual circumstances they shouldn't be responsible but these circumstances were not usual. That bag was just so beautiful and we can only hope that the person that stole it loves it as much as you do. What is certain is that the thief will have to answer to God for what they have done so now its in His great hands. I'm sure the 2nd bag will be just as beautiful as the first one was. Take care

Lynn

I am so sorry, that is just terrible... I would be upset also.

I feel that what goes around comes around, they will never enjoy it, always looking over their shoulder for the REAL owner....

I think I would put a bleep in the local paper about this loss..... something along the line of you watching for it in public....also I think the police should be informed, it had to cost to make it and they at least would have a report on file....

Again I am really sorry.... I am not sure how people who take things that don't belong to them can enjoy what they take.....hugs to you

Well They will have to be the one's to live with themselfs.. everytime they look at it they will hopefuly be reminded HOW They aquired it. and I hope they feel guilty every time they use it..

but I bet if they put fair gowers in there. it was a kid. If a full grown adult could do that then they need to be slapped silly. and Hopefuly mabey if it was a kid the parents will be smart enough to question where they got it. and make them return it

Oh my gosh! :eek I am SO sorry this happened to you....that bag was beautiful! What is wrong with people? All I can say is "Karma"! They will get what they deserve in the end. :hug to you and I can just imagine what you are feeling.

How horrible for you! I'd of cried too.

Not that it would do any good, but maybe the theif would see it... write a letter to the local paper, or even contact a local TV station, & see if they will run a story. Maybe the guilty party will see it & realize they took something from a real person.

I am so sorry,:hug you where so excited about the winnings (as you should be) and then this happens. I also think the fair should have been responsible. You had to leave it with them, did you not? I'm also in agreement with some of the ladies that said to put something in the local newspaper with a picture of the bag. This way, they won't be able to enjoy it because and if someone sees it that knows that person, think how embarassing it will be for them. It was a beautiful bag.

Archived