just a few questions

ok honestly i wasnt sure where to post this and if im in the wrong category i apologise......

1. what is a WIM?

2. crochet alongs i dont understand what they are?

:think:hook:yarn:crocheting

A WIM is a work in mind - you know when you buy that yarn because in your head you have a vague idea of what you need it for ;)? That's a WIM. WIP is a work in progress.

A crochet along is a thread for a group of people who decide to all crochet the same thing. They chat and encourage each other to keep going, posting pictures as they progress.

ohhh thank you ms crochet! i already knew what a WIP was as i have alot of those laying round! so a crochet along is just a bunch of villagers "virtually meeting" and sort of crocheting together? iiinnnttteeerrreeessstttiiinnnggg..........

and WIM? i wish i had a spare brain for mine!

I have gotten rid of a ton of projects that I stalled on. Ripping them out and then of course adding it back into my stash....it's going the wrong direction lol!

yea I do that all the time:blush,so most of the time I never know what I'm doing and what I'm not doing:devilain't it great

• 2 weeks later...
I like the pigs and hams things, cute idea, another question, what is lys, I am probably wrong, but I am thinking local yarn shop?? and also, the word kitchy, what does/or is that meaning , thanks!

LYS - is local yarn store or shop

kitchy - I think means cheap but would like to see what others think

I'm thinking you mean kitschy? I could be wrong and kitchy may be something else entirely. If I'm right though, it means cheesy/campy/ironic, that sort of thing. For instance, garden gnomes, pink flamingos, and super frilly 50's style aprons would be considered kitschy. I hope that made sense!

I'm thinking you mean kitschy? I could be wrong and kitchy may be something else entirely. If I'm right though, it means cheesy/campy/ironic, that sort of thing. For instance, garden gnomes, pink flamingos, and super frilly 50's style aprons would be considered kitschy. I hope that made sense!

Yep Cammi, thats the word I was asking about, thanks!! So anything really gawdy or old school would that fit in there too>?? jUST curious! lol

There's a Kitsch CAL if you want some ideas. It also means homeade or overly cute.

A toilet paper cover or a camera case that looks like a camera are good examples of kitsch. The older women in my family LOVED kitsch and crocheted little items for just about everything around the house.

My Mother has hot pink and apple green 'have a nice day' smiley face potholders hanging on the cabinets in the kitchen. Those are a little much for me but she loves them! My grandmother made them 60 years ago. (They're for show only now)

Some people call WIPs PIGs, projects in grocery sacks. When they're done they become HAMS, have actually made something.

That is so funny, I never heard that before:lol

Archived