12" squares ~My Mother is in Heaven

Michele

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hug bgs .... thank you so much for making the squares for my mothers ghan and the touching card you sent me :hug

Michele, you are very welcome. I understand a lot of what your family is probably going through at this time as I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer 16 years ago. :hug:hug:hug

Susan ....... I received your square :hug

Update on my Mom ...... When I first posted about the squares my mother was in the hospital for dehydration ( I think she wanted to give up after she heard the news of having PC she didn't want to eat or drink .... I had her on ensure and tried to get her to drink water but still had to end up calling 911) Right now she is in a nursing home for thyrapy for her legs and arms .... she'll be coming home on the 11 th :yay They have her on some medication that makes her want to eat and boy is she eating good! Hopefully she won't be losing wieght as fast as she was starting to ( about 5 lbs a week for the last couple of months)

My Mother has decided that she won't be doing chemo she says she has had a good life .... 8 grandchildren & 4 great grandchildren with another one on the way

I can't thank everyone enough for helping me out with the squares for my Mothers ghan :hug:hug:hug:hug

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy working on the borders the last few nights ...... the nights are nice and cool now in MI and it's a pleasure working on the ghan instead of temps in the 90's. I'll be starting to connect the squares together towards the middle of the week :cheer

My Mom is back home with us from the nurseing home ..... she still gets tired really easy but she is building up some strengh ... she can walk to the back of our yard taking little stops now and then :yay

I've been busy working on the borders the last few nights ...... the nights are nice and cool now in MI and it's a pleasure working on the ghan instead of temps in the 90's. I'll be starting to connect the squares together towards the middle of the week :cheer

My Mom is back home with us from the nurseing home ..... she still gets tired really easy but she is building up some strengh ... she can walk to the back of our yard taking little stops now and then :yay

It's good to hear that your mom is back home with you. :yay:hug can't wait to see pictures of your finished comfortghan.

• 3 weeks later...

:hugThank you all for helping me with my Mother's ghan I wouldn't have been able to do it with out you:hug

I plan on wrapping it up along with all the cards and little notes that were sent along with some squares and give it to her tonight when we have our cup of tea with cookies

[attach]27171[/attach]

post-141-135897574385_thumb.jpg

:hugThank you all for helping me with my Mother's ghan I wouldn't have been able to do it with out you:hug

I plan on wrapping it up along with all the cards and little notes that were sent along with some squares and give it to her tonight when we have our cup of tea with cookies

[attach]27171[/attach]

OMGoodness.......... that came out fantastic!!!!

Great job sweetie! :hug Your mom will love it!

:heart

:mug

[attach]27171[/attach]

Wow - That is gorgeous!

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry I thought I posted about how much my mother loves the ghan...

She bawled her eyes out and couldn't get over how a bunch of ladies online with the passion of crocheting would get together and make such a beautiful afghan just for her ... she didn't want me to take off any of the name tags so that she could include each and everyone of you in her prayers.

My Mother is now with hopice in the hospital since Sept. 26 and it's just day to day waiting for her to be with the angels ..... she still has the ghan with her :manyheart

:hugThank you again for helping me with my Mothers comfortghan ... words can never say how much all of your help means to me :hug

Archived