Steering Wheel cover

annmcc1976

Hubby came home yesterday and says to me "you gota get me something for my work truck steering wheel.. whenever it's muggy the thing gets ticky and ive tryd cleing it.. so i told him I could come up with something most likely.

So while he was out working i looked around online, and found a pattern. I totaly forgot where i saw it. but I know where are several.

So I made one up yesterday in "manily" colors. it was quick n easy, so here it is :), I ran outside this morn and installed it and he never knew i was out doing it.. so when he gose out he'll be suprised

post-31502-135897551473_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897551476_thumb.jpg

Cool. I am doing the same thing (same color, too- I am knitting mine though), for my son- who just got his first car a couple months ago. He said the same thing about his steering wheel. Plus it gets so stinking hot here, you can't hardly touch your steering wheel when you get in your car (we don't have a garage where we live.) Anyway, nice job!

I did his with cotten yarn, didnt think ww would be a good idea. I may make one for our personal van. not sure yet.. it already has a leather cover on it. but I found a pretty black.pink, whitish veragetd cotten yarn.. I don't want to make it into dishrags just to clean yucky dishs with lol

I really need one of these, it is so blasted hot here, I can hardly touch

my steering wheel when I get off work.

If you run across the link again, would you please post it... I would love

to make one, but can't figure it out on my own. :think

he liked it, of course he dont give Try judgement.. I just hear. "it's ok"... he says that to EVERYTHING!!!!!, lol.

and i found the link again, this is the pattern i used... i just didnt do the color changes like it calls for,

http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet/Crochet-Candy-Cane-Steering-Wheel-Cover#

I did one yonks ago,but just made up my own pattern,did it with wool and then felted it. I put it on the steering wheel the yarn was still damp and it conformed right to the wheel. Now is on my BFs steering wheel and we keep it there year round. We BOTH love it! The wool doesn't bother us in the HOT Summer and it is so warming in the Winter! ;)

Archived