My LYS Is (NOT) Closing! (Good News: Buyer Found!)

Amy

I just got some very sad news in my email this morning: the owner of my local yarn store needs to either sell the store or go out of business, due to changes in her personal life. Oh, how I wish I had the money to purchase the store.

I know: if each person who visited Crochetville in one month sent a $10 donation directly to the yarn store for an escrow account in the name of Crochetville, we'd have more than enough money to purchase the store AND give us tons of operating capital to do lots of fun things! Oh what a dream! :c9

Of course, I am NOT NOT NOT being serious here. Please don't go seeking out my LYS to send them a donation, okay? I'm just being silly and wishing it were possible to buy the store. Actually, my sister and I would LOVE to buy the store, make it a yarn and beading store that was very, very crochet-friendly, and move it out to our end of town.

Maybe I'll drive up to Tennessee this weekend and buy a couple of lottery tickets! :devil

When I got back into crocheting, there was a lys a few blocks from where I live and they sold the most beautiful yarn I have ever seen.

The ony benefit from the store closing is that the yarn was on sale. I went back three times to buy more yarn and now wish I would of bought their entire stock!!!!

We had a store in the next county not far from me. They carried everything that a crafter dreamed of. Yarn, patterns, beads, ribbon, emblishments, just to name a few. It was run by little old (retired) ladies. I was so sad when it closed, as I could always find what I wanted there.

My dream has been to own a place just like that, and one crochet friendly. The one LYS we have close to me, turn their noses up in the air when they hear crochet.

Watch for sales, sometimes you get good prices. Sorry to hear about the store.:hook

Sadly, if no buyer is found, my store plans to begin their final sale on September 1.

I feel for you, one of my favorite stores in NJ closed for similar reasons, and the only good thing was the sale prices. Keep buying those lottery tickets, and come Sept maybe you can get some good deals if not buy the whole business.

Sorry to hear it, Amy! Always sad when the small shops close down, whatever the reason...Guess if they do close, that'd be the chance to stock up, as others have said.

I, too, dream of someday being able to open an LYS...but there are too many big box stores here to make a go of it...even if I had the capital! :P Who knows...someday, it could happen. :P

(Buy a ticket for me, too, eh? ;) ) :lol

Oh Amy, I am so very sorry to hear that your LYS is closing..honestly, I just about had my check book out because I am so blessed where I am to be within literally 35 LYS'.

I hope that someone will buy the LYS...I'll think positive thoughts to that end.

Sadly, if no buyer is found, my store plans to begin their final sale on September 1.

Well, we've got a month and a half to figure something out...you know in Jacksonville, IL, there is a place that opened almost 2 years ago and is making money hand over fist. The owner told me that even she thought she was nuts to open a business in this economy...but it seems to me that there will always be someone who will want to crochet or knit and want good yarn...

Hmmm...Tell you what, Amy. I'll buy a few lottery tickets. If I win the Powerball or Megamillions, I'll relocate to Huntsville and buy the store.

I'd be that much closer to my eldest daughter (who lives in Louisiana). However, I'll be moving away from my youngest daughter and granddaughter.

• 1 month later...

Archived