Shabby Chic Baby Blossom Hat

heart

Sarah Cooper 4/2009

Your beautiful baby will look so cute in this sweet little blossom hat with it's little flower petals. She will charm everyone she sees. I designed it for my baby and now you can enjoy the pattern too! The pdf can be found on

Ravelry too. I'm Sarasaki.

Materials ~

Sport weight yarn (yarn used in photo is Red

Heart Designer Sport in Blossom

Hook size F, G, H (depending on the size hat you desire)

Gauge is with size G hook, 5 dc sts are 1” across and 1 row is ½” tall

Sizes ~

Newborn – 3m ~ F hook

3m-6m ~ G hook

6m-9m ~ H hook

Notes ~ The following rows of dc have to be made in the back loops inorder to crochet the rows of petals.

:U

Basic Beanie hat begins ~

Ch4, slst to first ch to join in a ring.

R1, Ch3, (counts as first dc now and through out)11dc in ring. Slst to 3rd ch of beginning ch3 to join (12dc)

R2 Ch3, In BACK LOOPS only, now and through out, dc in same st as joining, 2dc in each st around. Slst to join. (24dc)

R3 Ch3, In BACK LOOPS only, now and through out, dc in same st as joining, {1dc in next st, 2dc in next st} around. Slst to join. (36dc)

R4 Ch3, In BACK LOOPS only, now and through out, dc in same st as joining, {1dc in each of the next 2 sts, 2dc in next st} around. Slst to join. (48dc)

R5 Ch3, In BACK LOOPS only, now and through out, dc in same st as joining, {1dc in each of the next 3 sts, 2dc in next st} around. Slst to join. (60dc)

R6-R11 Ch3, In BACK LOOPS only, 1dc in each st around. Slst to join. (60dc per row)

Begin Petals~

R12 ch1, sc in same sp as ch1.* Skip next st, [3dc, ch2, slst in top of last dc made, (picot) 2dc] (petal) all in same st, skip next st, sc in next st. * Repeat * around ending with a slst in the first sc. (15 petals made) Finish off and weave in ends.

For all other rows of petals, join yarn in any free loop (front loops of

the basic beanie you started with, because we worked in the back

loops to make it) of any round after R5. (you need to have a multiple

of 5 for the petal stitches to work)

You can add petal rows in R5, R6, R7, R8, R9, R10, and R11 has a

row of petals. (R12) You can repeat the row of petals as many times

as you wish. In the main photo, I skipped a row in between each row

of petals. Placing petal rows in R11, R9, R7, and R5.

Archived