County Fair Time! (IMAGE HVY)

Mrs. Principal

Our County fair is next week! This will be my fourth year entering, and this year I am submitting 9 items. I'll have to drop these off next Tuesday, and then not be able to sleep until Wednesday afternoon after judging when they open the Home Ec doors at the fair! I am coming off a lull.... last year I didn't get any blue ribbons, so I am hoping for a few. When is your fair? Are you entering?

post-4677-135897550116_thumb.jpg

post-4677-135897550119_thumb.jpg

post-4677-135897550121_thumb.jpg

post-4677-135897550124_thumb.jpg

post-4677-135897550127_thumb.jpg

post-4677-13589755013_thumb.jpg

post-4677-135897550132_thumb.jpg

post-4677-135897550135_thumb.jpg

Your work is quite nice — very well done, Mrs. P. I hope you bring home the ribbons!

Thanks! Our fair has become really popular for knitted and crocheted items, which is great! Since I started entering they have added many more categoires and now have many 5-10 items per catogory. It's really fun just to see all the other creations too and talk to local crocheter's.

Wow!! You sure have been busy!! Goodluck on all your entries!! :cheer :cheer

I've only entered our county fair once. I entered 4 items. All but one got "blue ribbons". I entered a baby blanket, a care bear(1st Prize), a purse from Lionbrand website(1st prize), a poncho(1st prize). I was shocked and surprised when I saw the blue ribbons on my items. It's a really neat feeling!!

Will be looking forward to hear how you did!!

Your work is beautiful Mrs P! Any of those items should get you a ribbon but that black purse is exquisite! You can just drop that off at my house when your done! lol:D

Your work is beautiful Mrs P! Any of those items should get you a ribbon but that black purse is exquisite! You can just drop that off at my house when your done! lol:D

Thanks Lynn,

It turned out even better than what I was hoping for, you should see it in person even better than the photo! Now I have a new school bag. Going to line it today.

This will be my 16th year entering crocheted and other items in our local grange fair. I look forward to it every year. I was so surprised the year I won a 4th place ribbon for a pencil drawing I did while taking art lessons - it was a drawing of my father.

But crochet is what I really like to do. My first year I entered a crocheted doll. Wouldn't you know it - someone else entered the exact same crocheted doll! Hers had black hair and mine had reddish gold hair. I think we canceled each other out! LOL!

Beautiful items! I have no doubt that you'll be bringing home some ribbons. Good luck! :D

I've only entered something in my county fair one time. It was a stitch sampler afghan and I got second place. I was actually a little bit bummed about it. The first place and best of show items incorporated beads.

Every thing is so pretty. I am partial to the lion, but the purse with the rose is just beautiful.

We don't have a county fair, just a state fair, and that is in February. Without the advertisements, we always know when the fair is. Our weather is just rainy cold and miserable.:lol

Good luck and you should bring home some nice blue ribbons.:hook

Good luck with all your entries.

Our fair is not until the first week of November. I'm not planning to enter anything. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with everything I want to make for me and my family.

Beautiful items! I have no doubt that you'll be bringing home some ribbons. Good luck! :D

I've only entered something in my county fair one time. It was a stitch sampler afghan and I got second place. I was actually a little bit bummed about it. The first place and best of show items incorporated beads.

I had the same thing happen last year! I spent 9 months on the 63 cable squares afghan, and thought it was stunning. One of the hardest patterns I have done, and even used more expensive yarn.... it got 2nd. I was bummed at first, but then realized I had a beautiful afghan I finally made just for me. It's not just about the ribbons, so fun just to see what everyone else has made too, and to connect with other yarn addicts in my area!

• 2 weeks later...

Our fair is next Wednesday through Sunday. I'm only entering 6 projects this year. And it may be my last fair. I just don't have the spirit to continue to enter.

I'll let you know how things go too.

:manyheart

Archived