BLEEDING - Red Heart Super Saver Acrylic - color RED

I am getting ready to start a crochet granny oblong afghan. 75% will be RED and 25% will be using same yarn in WHITE.

Any tips or suggestions about bleeding????

I have used many of the same type of yarn with white and those combinations have never bleed even after many years of machine wash.

Why not make up a swatch with red and white and wash it. It shouldn't bleed as others have said, but try a swatch just to make yourself comfortable.

You can set the colors by soaking it in a vinegar and water mixture. Use cool water and let it set for at least 15 minutes. Try doing a swatch and seeing what it does.

My problem with the Red Heart Super Saver Red was the piling. We had red fuzzies all over the house (I made an afghan for my baby grandson). He loved it and wouldn't go to sleep without it (this was before he walking). I finally threw it away because I didn't want him putting the fuzzies in his mouth. I won't use RH anymore. I use Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn and haven't had a problem with fuzzies any more.

I've never had a problem with RH bleeding and that's my main yarn.

Not much pilling either (just a little on some yarns).

Did you just buy the yarn? I noticed that it seems softer then every before! I just had to buy some white and turquoise to make a shawl out of because they were both so soft and it would be pretty together (I think).

Archived