Comfortghan Complete: pics added

hhensler

Well, it's finally done! The afghan that is...still need to do the pillows. Anyway, here's what it looks like - I will post pics of the pillows when I finish those. I chose the softest squares to use for the pillows, so if you don't see your square in the afghan, that is why...

Thank you all again for all of your help...it really does mean a lot to know so many people care!

post-15073-135897560996_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Heather it looks wonderful. You will have quite a story to tell your brother about it. How Walmart pulled the plug on the yarn you wanted to use and people all across the country grabbed the last of it from the shelves and their stash to get it done. And that the blanket itself was an international effort. That should really make him feel special.

Oh, Heather it looks wonderful. You will have quite a story to tell your brother about it. How Walmart pulled the plug on the yarn you wanted to use and people all across the country grabbed the last of it from the shelves and their stash to get it done. And that the blanket itself was an international effort. That should really make him feel special.

I was thinking the same thing! What an amazing group of ladies we have here at the 'ville :hug I couldn't have done it without you!!!!

Well, it's finally done! The afghan that is...still need to do the pillows. Anyway, here's what it looks like - I will post pics of the pillows when I finish those. I chose the softest squares to use for the pillows, so if you don't see your square in the afghan, that is why...

Thank you all again for all of your help...it really does mean a lot to know so many people care!

[ATTACH]25076[/ATTACH]

WHOA! That came out awesome!!!! I hope it :hug your brother!!!

:turtle:vheart

I mailed the afghan to my brother today, minus the pillows...he lives in Kansas so it will take a little while to get there, and I am hoping it makes it by his birthday which is Aug. 18. I will finish up the pillows, and get them in the mail shortly. I can't wait till he gets it he's going to be so surprised!

The afghan turned out so beautiful!! and I hope that your brother feels all the love that is in each square!! Thank you for allowing me to be part of it!! I have 3 brothers (no sister), and because of my love for them your post touched my:heart !! Sending hugs and prayers :hug

I just talked to my brother, and he got the afghan yesterday afternoon. I am so glad it made it in time for his birthday (which is today)...he was so surprised, and so happy, it brought him to tears - so thank you for all of your help - I couldn't have done it without you all, and he wants me to pass along a thank you to each person who helped - he said it made is year! Now I just have to get his pillows done, and sent...

I just talked to my brother, and he got the afghan yesterday afternoon. I am so glad it made it in time for his birthday (which is today)...he was so surprised, and so happy, it brought him to tears - so thank you for all of your help - I couldn't have done it without you all, and he wants me to pass along a thank you to each person who helped - he said it made is year! Now I just have to get his pillows done, and sent...

This is great. So glad he got it in time and he liked it. Thank you for letting me help.:hook

Well, I finished working on the pillows :cheer, got them packed up & sent on their way :yay...and didn't get pictures:no. I could just KICK myself :kick sometimes I get in such a rush that I forget what I am doing. Please accept my apology :( - I know that part of the fun of helping is getting to see your square in the finished project...

Archived