Comfortghan Complete: pics added

hhensler

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped with my brother's comfort-ghan...whether you sent squares, or yarn, or both...the amount of support I have recieved has been tremendous. What an outstanding group of ladies:cheer...you have all been such a blessing!:manyheart

I just wanted to post a picture of the squares that I have so far all laid out. This is not the final placement of the squares, and they have not been edged yet, but as soon as my finger gets better I am going to get started. I also made a couple of extra squares that I will use for a pillow to match...

This is not the best picture, but it's difficult to get the whole thing in one shot:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-6.jpg

I just finished one square and I hope to get the other square done at lunch so I can send them out today. I haven't had a chance to go look for black cotton - but I will this weekend.

Yes, he's going to love the colors, and I think it's pretty masculine for an afghan...plus it's a complete surprise - it's going to blow his socks off...he thinks he's been forgotten: WRONG!!!

It is tough when you aren't well and people are going on with their lives; feels like they have forgotten you. Your brother will be able to look at each square and count a person that remembers him. :hug

I took some pain pills & got to work edging squares...felt good to get started on it again. My brothers birthday is Aug. 18, and I would like to get it to him by then...I've got a lot of work to do!

Don't over do it and make it worse!

I got most of the squares edged, and will begin assembling soon...I made some extra squares with the intention of using them for a pillow, but I think what I will do is pick out the softest ones from all the squares I recieved and use those for the pillow - the yarn in my squares just isn't as soft as some, and I would like the pillow to be as soft as possible. I hope this is okay with everyone...I will post a pic when I have more to show.

Look what I got in the mail yesterday! A huge thanks to Tonya, Pat, and Alesha for the squares, and yarn for my brother! I now have enough squares & yarn to not only complete the afghan, but also make a couple of pillows to go with it. Thank you thank you!!! (The squares at the bottom are for my friendship-ghan - aren't they adorable?!)

[attach]24965[/attach]

[attach]24966[/attach]

[attach]24967[/attach]

[attach]24968[/attach]

[attach]24969[/attach]

post-15073-135897560299_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897560303_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897560306_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897560309_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897560313_thumb.jpg

Archived