full length hooded cloak

Angie840

Question

17 answers to this question

Hello dears! I just thought I'd add something here to help. If you're looking to make a cloak with no sleeves, its a very simple matter you don't really need a pattern for.

You crochet a rectangle with any combination of lovely stitches/granny-squares or what-have-yous to the width and length you'd like for the cloak.

For the hood, choose one end of your cloak rectangle to be the top. SC a row across that will pull in the stitches till it can drape around and rest on your shoulders. Crochet upward from this starting row making a rectangle the height and width you wish, fold in half width-wise (right sides together) to achieve/measure your depth, crochet the seam closed at the top, turn out to hide seam. Voila- CLOAK! It may take a little adjusting as you go, but it's the basic principle. Hope this helps!;)

~Diana

• Like 1

I've made the leisure arts one. Bit the bullet and used Homespun NEVER again,I want to make this again but NOT in Homespun. Oh and I stopped ten rows before I was supposed to cause I'm short AND it was still hitting the ground,so I made a belt for it. I wear it when it gets cold at The Maryland Ren Fair. :) Oh and the colors I used were the purple Homespun and bright green lime funfur. :D

I love that booklet. I bought a 2nd one, just in case it got ruined or lost. I've made the hooded cape in it but I used worsted weight yarn & it came out fine. I've made several wraps like the orange wrap on the cover. There's also a lattice style shawl in there that works up really quickly. So, I guess what I'm saying is that if you buy the leaflet, you'll probably get your money's worth. Thanks for the link to the one on Ravelry Kristie. That one is saved too!

I just checked - if you are on Ravelry, you can type in hooded cape under pattern search & you can see pictures of that hooded cape that other people have made.

Edited by RaggedyAnn
added info

I also want to make a long hooded cloak. My problem is that I found the pattern in the Leisure Arts Wrapped in Style book, BUT no one anywhere on the whole internet will ship it to Norway! :( :(

If you don't have an account with Ravelry this pattern said :

This pattern was adapted from a Lion Brand Night and Day Poncho and a Caron Brand Ruffle Scarf with Bliss.

Day to Night Poncho -- you need a lionbrand login, but it's free. This has a hood. You can make it in one color instead of two if you want.