smokeyp81

Moorish Mosaic Afghan

Here is my completed Moorish Mosaic Afghan. The pattern is from Interweave Crochet Fall 2009 issue. I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. I bought this yarn back in early April. We don't have a Hobby Lobby that is very close, yet (one is opening closer to me soon!) I ran out of the main color with one round to go on one of the conecting squares. I dug through my stash and came up with some Red Heart that was close in color. I don't think anyone will notice!

This is a great pattern. Every octagon is the same pattern, the color changes is what makes each octagon look completly different! It was so much fun to see what each octagon was going to look like. I was never bored with it! Although, it is a lot of single crochet!

I used 2 skeins of each of the colors and 3 of the main color (needed 4). Here are the colors if anyone is interested: Main color was Brown, the rest: Antique Teal, Ivory, Toasted Almond, Sea Blue, Gray Mist.

post-2360-135897549348_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897549354_thumb.jpg

I started this afghan in May and just finished it this week. I think I am going to enter it in the county fair at the end of this month. I would like to make another one of these in different colors...so much fun!

Just wonderful. Love how each motif evolves differently through different uses of the colors. It must have been lots of fun to watch it evolve. Looks to me like a blue ribbon!

Wow!

So very striking, Smokey! Love how your chosen colors play so well together -Beautifully done! Best wishes at the county fair!

Oh my goodness!!! my favorite color combo is blue/chocolate.

That is absolutely gorgeous!

:nworthy:nworthy:nworthy

Suellen

That's gorgeous!

Beautiful! I love the colors brown & blue, it's really nice!

that is sooo pretty & classy...I love it!!

Really fantastic! Looks like a blue ribbon winner to me! Good luck at the fair.

That is beautiful! You did a wonderful job and hope you win a ribbon with it in the fair! Don't you just love that yarn? That's all I use now!!!

It is stunning! Fabulous work! I am trying to finish up one in pastel colors which will go to my dgd.

Very pretty!