July Charity CAL 7/15 - 7/20

nicolep

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to post pictures of what I got done this weekend. It's not finished yet, but it's getting close!

post-28827-135897552959_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897552966_thumb.jpg

So, my totals -

1 Comfortghan assembled

(25) 12" Squares edged

(1) 12" Square

I'll post the group totals once a few more people report in. Good work everyone!

Just wanted to post pictures of what I got done this weekend. It's not finished yet, but it's getting close!

[ATTACH]23874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23875[/ATTACH]

So, my totals -

1 Comfortghan assembled

(25) 12" Squares edged

(1) 12" Square

I'll post the group totals once a few more people report in. Good work everyone!

Nicole that is beautiful

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the computer much but I did manage to get some crochet time in. I will try to post pics once I get my last few ends tucked in. Here is my contribution....

5 preemie sized ghans

This weekend was a bit crazy as DH had drill with the National Guard and the kids wanted to spend alot of time at the pool. I had Thursday and Friday off and the evenings over the weekend. I hope to be able to participate in August. It shouldn't be drill weekend then.

2 scarves

15 tissue packet covers

45 granny's daughters

74 granny squares

I'm finished for the weekend now as it is 8.30pm our time and I have finally run out of steam!:hook I really had fun this weekend so thanks to everyone who took part, and thank you Nicole for hosting. :manyheartI will check back in at the end of the week to admire our totals and to see everyone's pictures!

A picture of my totals can be found here!:clap:clap:clap

WOW! Gorgeous work, Lindsay! :clap :clap :clap I particularly like the squares on the right side of the picture with the off center starts. Beautiful!

[ATTACH]23874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23875[/ATTACH]

So, my totals -

1 Comfortghan assembled

(25) 12" Squares edged

(1) 12" Square

Nicole, that is one lovely afghan. And the way you put it together really makes the squares pop.

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the computer much but I did manage to get some crochet time in. I will try to post pics once I get my last few ends tucked in. Here is my contribution....

5 preemie sized ghans

This weekend was a bit crazy as DH had drill with the National Guard and the kids wanted to spend alot of time at the pool. I had Thursday and Friday off and the evenings over the weekend. I hope to be able to participate in August. It shouldn't be drill weekend then.

Yeah, Jennifer. :clap :clap :clap Great job!

[ATTACH]23874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23875[/ATTACH]

So, my totals -

1 Comfortghan assembled

(25) 12" Squares edged

(1) 12" Square

WOW! The Afghan turned out gorgeous! What an incredible job you did! It's a masterpiece! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm sure that special someone is going to love it to pieces!

Wow Nicole, I didn't picture such a large project. It's amazing. Do you whipstitch blocks together? I am always interested in how people assemble blocks.

And, I think we can all agree that Lindsay is the July MVP!!

I got caught up watching The Deadliest Catch last night and forgot to find batteries and take a picture of my never-ending-blanket block. I seem to make one each month. Look out, in a year, I will have enough for a, well, doll blanket?

So my totals are:

2 Cat Mats

1 Comfortghan block

Denise - No, they are slip stitched together. My sewing skills are abysmal. As such, it's not a strong enough hold for my liking. So, I slip stitch them. For me, it's stronger and neater.

[ATTACH]23874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23875[/ATTACH]

So, my totals -

1 Comfortghan assembled

(25) 12" Squares edged

(1) 12" Square

Daisy and Nicole thanks for the nice comments!:) Nicole your afghan is so lovely!!!:manyheart

Here are the totals for this month -

(1) Preemie Hat

(6) Preemie Blankets

(4) Scarves

(1) Toboggan

(15) Tissue Packet Covers

(45) Granny's Daughters

(74) Granny Squares

(2) Comfortghan Squares

(25) 12" Squares Edges

(1) Comfortghan Assembled

(2) Cat Mats

Look at that great list of items! We rock!!!:2rock

Sorry if I missed anything and I hope to see you next month.

Here are the totals for this month -

(1) Preemie Hat

(6) Preemie Blankets

(4) Scarves

(1) Toboggan

(15) Tissue Packet Covers

(45) Granny's Daughters

(74) Granny Squares

(2) Comfortghan Squares

(25) 12" Squares Edges

(1) Comfortghan Assembled

(2) Cat Mats

Look at that great list of items! We rock!!!:2rock

Sorry if I missed anything and I hope to see you next month.

:cheer:cheer:cheer Excellent totals everyone! And during the summer when we should all be vacationing somewhere exotic and instead here we are being good charity crocheters with our hooks!:lol:clap :hook

Really, REALLY need to know what a toboggan is. Help? Picture?

The toboggan thing confused me too I googled and found this Crochetville thread (toboggan is another name for man's skull cap hat apparantly!:D) and for a picture I found this link on Bev's website for a child's toboggan hat but her's is pointed at the top not a skull cap so I am still confused perhaps it is just any hat for a man? or child? Sorry I have just added to the confusion with this :thinkone of those days!:lol

Well, I grew up in Wisconsin, and a toboggan was a big sled that all 4 of us kids could fit on and ride down a snowy hill, usually kicking 2 or 3 of us off on the way down!

Good research Lindsay.

Archived