July Charity CAL 7/15 - 7/20

nicolep

It's funny to me how many people who work with yarn have cats! They are so helpful. Last night I was trying to make a mat and all three of my foster babies decided they wanted to play in my lap with my project instead of the eight zillion toys they have!

It's 4:28 pm and I haven't had anything to eat today. I need to go to the grocery store, but it's so hot. This is the best diet plan EVER!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still waiting on one more square. I went ahead and started joining what I have though. I have put 15 squares together so far. I have all of them planned with space for the last square. I made one to match one row that wasn't coming together very well. I think I'm going to have one extra square. I was looking over some things and I believe there are two more squares on the way. If I do have one extra, I'm going to make another for a throw pillow.

The 'ghan is going to be huge. With the edge I put on the 12" squares and the border, it's going to be about 65" X 65". It's fabulous! She'll be able to wrap herself in it or put it on her bed. I'm really excited it's almost done. I'll be sure to post a picture here for you all to see as well as in the thread where I requested squares.

I'm not going to have enough yarn left for the border though. Oh darn, I guess I'll have to force myself to go shopping. :lol

I can't wait to see a picture Nicole 65" squares is going to be agreat size I'm sure she will love it! How AWFUL having to shop for yarn!:lol:lol:lol

It's funny to me how many people who work with yarn have cats! They are so helpful. Last night I was trying to make a mat and all three of my foster babies decided they wanted to play in my lap with my project instead of the eight zillion toys they have!

It's 4:28 pm and I haven't had anything to eat today. I need to go to the grocery store, but it's so hot. This is the best diet plan EVER!

I can't eat much in real heat either but that is not much of a problem in Scotland which is probably one of the reasons I am fat!:D No food available is a good diet plan but I don't know if the book of the diet plan would sell much...:lol For staters the big supermarket giants would ban it from their book shelves!;)

Oh I forgot to say I made a whole scarf yesterday in rows using up odds and ends of beige and brown wool and it crocheted up really quickly. I cannot believe you make a whole scarf in one morning/afternoon working in rows is MUCH faster than attaching granny squares into a scarf!

So far I have a preemie hat done, and a preemie blankie, with only a couple more rounds to do on it, and one preemie gown that I have to redo, because I don't like the way it turned out. I'm plugging along, doing the best I can. Hopefully I will get more done soon.

Everyone is doing a great job! Congratulations! I'm ending up being a bust this month. I had to put my kitty of 16 a/2 years to sleep on Friday and it's just knocked me for a real loop. I haven't picked up a crochet hook or anything else since. I miss him so much. Anyway, the rest of you are doing great. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Oh Linda, I am so sorry. You are having such a crummy time lately. I am sure I will need a week off of work when that time comes for me. I can see why crochet is not on the top of your list.

Everyone is doing a great job! Congratulations! I'm ending up being a bust this month. I had to put my kitty of 16 a/2 years to sleep on Friday and it's just knocked me for a real loop. I haven't picked up a crochet hook or anything else since. I miss him so much. Anyway, the rest of you are doing great. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Oh, Linda! :hug I'm so sorry. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. Our fur babies are so special. Bless you for being a good Kitty Mommie for all those years. :hug

Well this weekend just got away from me! I've only gotten one 'boggin and two scarves done. :blush

So many things at church came up and I had a baby shower to go to on Saturday and MIl's refrigerator was dripping water under it so I went over with the hubs yesterday.

I'm working on one more cap and hope to get it done tonight.

Can't wait to see everyone's finished stuff! Sounds like lots of things are getting done. :clap

Have a great day all!!!!

Everyone else seems to be plugging right along. I can't wait to see pictures. I'll try to get mine posted tonight!

Hi Daisy, I don't think we have chatted before.

Hello there babypoohsmom :hi:waving I am happy to meet you! :D.

I just finished the preemie blankie, just have to weave in the ends :yay. Now I'm off to work on a preemie gown. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I think I will work on hats on Wednesday.

Good work, Daisy!!!

I have completely assembled the comfortghan. :whew I still have to do the border and weave in the ends. I've also decided to make a pillow because I had one extra square. I'm going to make another to go with it.

I'll take a picture of the 'ghan for you all tomorrow and post. I don't want you to think I've been slacking off. :lol

Well, work gets in the way of fun stuff and since I was back at work today and unlikely to finish anything else, I thought I'd take a picture of the two mats I made, complete with foster kitten inspector, Marshmallow!

post-13802-135897552469_thumb.jpg

I also made a "never ending blanket block", but forgot to put it in the picture and the batteries in my camera decided they were done! So I'll post that when I find my AA's.

So far I have a preemie hat done, and a preemie blankie, with only a couple more rounds to do on it, and one preemie gown that I have to redo, because I don't like the way it turned out. I'm plugging along, doing the best I can. Hopefully I will get more done soon.

Excellent work Daisy I am sure all your items will be gratefully received by the hospitals you support!:manyheart

I'm so sorry that is horrible for you!:( I hope you feel better about things soon.:hug

Good work, Daisy!!!

I have completely assembled the comfortghan. :whew I still have to do the border and weave in the ends. I've also decided to make a pillow because I had one extra square. I'm going to make another to go with it.

I'll take a picture of the 'ghan for you all tomorrow and post. I don't want you to think I've been slacking off. :lol

:cheerYay you got it all sewn up excellent work I can't wait to see it!:clap

Well, work gets in the way of fun stuff and since I was back at work today and unlikely to finish anything else, I thought I'd take a picture of the two mats I made, complete with foster kitten inspector, Marshmallow!

[ATTACH]23831[/ATTACH]

I also made a "never ending blanket block", but forgot to put it in the picture and the batteries in my camera decided they were done! So I'll post that when I find my AA's.

:cheerThey look great Denise. I love your inspector can I have him?:lol PLEASE!:) My work really needs his eye for detail!:D

[ATTACH]23831[/ATTACH]

Beautiful work Denise. Your inspector is adorable. :manyheart

[ATTACH]23831[/ATTACH]

Darling little Marshmallow! The fabulous mats you made look purrrrfect! Even Marshmallow thinks so :yes:yay :yay :yay

Well ladies, I'm still working on a preemie gown. I wonder if I'll ever get it done by the end of the day. My fingers just can't go as fast as the wind anymore. I really want to get lots done..... and the spirit is willing, but the fingers are weak :blush. I'm hoping to get to doing itty bitty hats tomorrow, along with a couple more blankies. Oh, and booties too. I'm outa here, because time flies too fast.

I can't wait to see pictures from all of you. Your posts are too much of a tease!! We did some good work this month!

We have had Marshmallow and his brothers Panda and Artemis for 6 weeks now. Next week they go for surgery and then back to the shelter for adoption. That is the hard part. It's crazy how attached you get to them in just a few weeks.

2 scarves

15 tissue packet covers

45 granny's daughters

74 granny squares

I'm finished for the weekend now as it is 8.30pm our time and I have finally run out of steam!:hook I really had fun this weekend so thanks to everyone who took part, and thank you Nicole for hosting. :manyheartI will check back in at the end of the week to admire our totals and to see everyone's pictures!

A picture of my totals can be found here!:clap:clap:clap

2 scarves

15 tissue packet covers

45 granny's daughters

74 granny squares

I'm finished for the weekend now as it is 8.30pm our time and I have finally run out of steam!:hook I really had fun this weekend so thanks to everyone who took part, and thank you Nicole for hosting. :manyheartI will check back in at the end of the week to admire our totals and to see everyone's pictures!

A picture of my totals can be found here!:clap:clap:clap

WOW, you did whopping truck load! Congrats on a job well done! :cheer:cheer:cheer I saw the picture of your items and they are Beeeeautiful! :yayI'm not done yet, so I'll be a little late with pictures :blush.

Archived