July Charity CAL 7/15 - 7/20

nicolep

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all ready to go and technically already working away. :hook I'm going to work exclusively on the comfortghan I'm making. I have to get about half of the squares edged and whip stitched together. Once it's sewed together, I'm going to put some kind of border on the 'ghan. I'm not sure yet what kind though. I'm hoping it all comes together when I get started. :lol

Okay, I'm in, as I am such a big softy, melted, gooey marshmallow when it comes to charities. So I will make the preemie items to send to nicolep for St. Vincent. Golly, I better get off this thing and run to find my baby yarns and patterns. Things start rolling tomorrow. Time just flies!

Okay, I'm in, as I am such a big softy, melted, gooey marshmallow when it comes to charities. So I will make the preemie items to send to nicolep for St. Vincent. Golly, I better get off this thing and run to find my baby yarns and patterns. Things start rolling tomorrow. Time just flies!

Daisy, I'm so glad you decided to join!!! :clap

Someone around here is a spoiled brat (me). :devil You have jumped on board without hesitation for my projects. I appreciate that more than I can tell you. I owe you big time! :hug

Morning, friends. I just brought the knitting machine upstairs. I'm going to get it set up and make some test swatches to double check my gauge and then get going. I'm also going to work on the prayer shawl from last month. I finished the back, but still have to do both sides. Between preemie afghans, scarves, and the prayer shawl that should keep me busy for the week. :lol :lol :lol:yarn :yarn :yarn:hook:knit

Morning, friends. I just brought the knitting machine upstairs. I'm going to get it set up and make some test swatches to double check my gauge and then get going. I'm also going to work on the prayer shawl from last month. I finished the back, but still have to do both sides. Between preemie afghans, scarves, and the prayer shawl that should keep me busy for the week. :lol :lol :lol:yarn :yarn :yarn:hook:knit

:lol That will be some serious multi tasking Linda. I cannot wait to see how the knitting machine blankets go this weekend!:) Good Luck with it I better go find my own :hook and get something made!

Good morning, Linda! It does sound like you'll be busy.

And, of course, good morning to Lindsay!

I put edges on four squares last night. So, I have about 7 left that need an edge. Then I'll start whip stitching those bad boys together. The 'ghan is going to be very pretty. :yes

Well so far all I've managed to do is get myself frustrated with the knitting machine. Kim's getting a charge out of watching me, so that's something. I'm not ready to give up yet, but it may be that this thing is just too old to function properly anymore. :(

Oh dear, now I feel like I have been a bad influence. You're supposed to be ROCKING that darn knitting machine, not picking up bad vibes from those of us who can't get them to work properly!

I have lots of scrap yarn ready to go for cat mats. But last night I pulled out a beanie hat pattern I used a LOT last summer while I was recovering form surgery because I was going to make a few hats for the Jackets in July drive but now I can't seem to understand it properly. Luckily it's a "Teresa pattern" and I can go back to her video. Wierd how the brain works. Maybe if I take some pain meds, it will all come back to me? :P

I am at work today (boo) so I can't get started until tonight. :(

Welcome back Breeny!

Hi, Denise! :hi

I'm all ready to get working on the comfortghan tonight. I want to start joining, but I have a few more coming in the mail. I don't want to end up with a couple stuck in the wrong place. :no What's a girl to do?!?!?!

Edited to add -

Linda, sorry you're having trouble with the knitting machine, but I'm glad Kim is getting some enjoyment out of it. :lol I hope it starts working for you though.

The knitting machine is a bust! It's too old. I could not get it to work no matter what size yarn is used. Kim laughed at me a lot. I also learned that the continuous back and forth motion does bad things to arthritis in my shoulders. Like it really, really irritated them. Sooooo, I'm saying goodbye to it and consigning it to the junk yard. It's paid for itself many times over through the years. They don't even make this model any more. Some of the accessories may be usable to someone, but the machine has seen its last useful days. I did make some progress on the prayer shawl this evening, so at least I have something to show for the day. :)

I am so sorry to hear that Linda. Is that the only one you have? Seems like a lot of people I have bumped into on line have more than one.

Well, Kim got cheap entertainment and you got a sore shoulder, how is that for day 1 of the charity weekend? Ha ha, you'll have to shrug it off and try something else after the Advil kicks in??

I've never played with a knitting machine. Of course, after hearing about Linda's adventures....might not want to! hehehe

I'm clicking along here. Got 2 scarves done and starting a 'boggin tonight.

Happy hooking all!

-s-

I just have the one, but I've had it for about 30 or so years, and it's more than paid for itself in that time. I've been working on the prayer shawl since giving up on the knitting machine. I've got about 1/3 for the first side done already. :D

Sounds like everyone is pluggin' along. I have edges on all of the square except the one I received today. I should be getting the last three tomorrow. Then I can start sewing them together. I hope to get it finished this weekend, but that might be asking a bit much. We shall see! Happy charity hooking everyone. :hook

I just finished one cat mat. I was going to head out at about 7pm (after the sun goes down) to run errands but now there's news of high winds and rain. 99% of the time it doesn't happen, but I've been caught in a bad monsoon before and it took me over 3 hours to get home when normally it was a 40 minute drive because street lights go out or streets are blocked by downed trees or power lines. So now I'm not sure...

Well, Linda, I guess if you've had 30 years of loyal service from your machine, it's done its job. But why did it give up THIS weekend when we were all looking forward to pictures??

Nicole, I hope your mailman comes early tomorrow!

I forgot who that was that finished scarves and now I can't scroll back, but "Yeah" to you!!

The knitting machine is a bust! It's too old. I could not get it to work no matter what size yarn is used. Kim laughed at me a lot. I also learned that the continuous back and forth motion does bad things to arthritis in my shoulders. Like it really, really irritated them. Sooooo, I'm saying goodbye to it and consigning it to the junk yard. It's paid for itself many times over through the years. They don't even make this model any more. Some of the accessories may be usable to someone, but the machine has seen its last useful days. I did make some progress on the prayer shawl this evening, so at least I have something to show for the day. :)

:eek Sorry the knitting machine was a bust!!! I know how it feels about being too old to be any use I feel like that at the moment myself!:lol I am glad you got back to the prayer shawl with your :hook at least you won't have sore shoulders with that project!:)

I've never played with a knitting machine. Of course, after hearing about Linda's adventures....might not want to! hehehe

I'm clicking along here. Got 2 scarves done and starting a 'boggin tonight.

Happy hooking all!

-s-

:D Hi Breeny ....what is a boggin?:think

Sounds like everyone is pluggin' along. I have edges on all of the square except the one I received today. I should be getting the last three tomorrow. Then I can start sewing them together. I hope to get it finished this weekend, but that might be asking a bit much. We shall see! Happy charity hooking everyone. :hook

:)At least you are getting all the square bordering done while you wait for the post to bring your last squares it will mean you are ready to plan and start sewing up as soon as you have them all in front of you!:cheer

I just finished one cat mat. I was going to head out at about 7pm (after the sun goes down) to run errands but now there's news of high winds and rain. 99% of the time it doesn't happen, but I've been caught in a bad monsoon before and it took me over 3 hours to get home when normally it was a 40 minute drive because street lights go out or streets are blocked by downed trees or power lines. So now I'm not sure...

Well, Linda, I guess if you've had 30 years of loyal service from your machine, it's done its job. But why did it give up THIS weekend when we were all looking forward to pictures??

Nicole, I hope your mailman comes early tomorrow!

I forgot who that was that finished scarves and now I can't scroll back, but "Yeah" to you!!

One mat done already Denise great work!:clap Sorry about your horrible weather we had a thunder storm here last week which is pretty rare for us but usually our rain is just the boring stready never ending wet kind!:lol

PS Thanks also for commenting on my blog!:) It happens so rarely I almost fell of my chair with the shock!:lol:D:lol

Sorry I did not stop in yesterday I needed a break from the computer!:think It was starting to make my eyes miserable :eek and I wanted to be able to do lots of crochet this weekend without an eye headache!:hookYesterday I finished my scarf (only a few inches plus a neatening edge) and then made 16 granny squares which will go towards a pram sized blanket and another scarf when I get them assembled later in the month!:cheerToday was a bag of scrap wool being made into one, two and three round granny squares! :clapAnd I have been stitching in the ends as I make them so the ends are not some big ugly job later!:D

Nicole, did the mailman bring that last square?? I hope you are so busy joining them, and just can't get to the computer!

And Lindsay, wow, you've been busy. I love all of those bits and pieces. I am always stalking your blog and just decided to finally leave a comment!

I finished cat mat #2 last night. It was so hot yesterday! I'm glad I'm not working on anything large!

I'm still waiting on one more square. I went ahead and started joining what I have though. I have put 15 squares together so far. I have all of them planned with space for the last square. I made one to match one row that wasn't coming together very well. I think I'm going to have one extra square. I was looking over some things and I believe there are two more squares on the way. If I do have one extra, I'm going to make another for a throw pillow.

The 'ghan is going to be huge. With the edge I put on the 12" squares and the border, it's going to be about 65" X 65". It's fabulous! She'll be able to wrap herself in it or put it on her bed. I'm really excited it's almost done. I'll be sure to post a picture here for you all to see as well as in the thread where I requested squares.

I'm not going to have enough yarn left for the border though. Oh darn, I guess I'll have to force myself to go shopping. :lol

Lindsay - As always, your work is beautiful. I love the colorway on the scarf.

Denise - I can't wait to see your cat mats! I really am going to get some done one of these days.

One of my cats, Jackson, has bee trying to help me type. I put him down on the couch next to me. I didn't think about the fact that I left the package of Goldfish down there, too. I looked over and he was trying really hard to figure out how to get into the bag. :lol Silly kitty!

Archived