Live from Chain Link!

Donna and I arrived at Chain Link, the CGOA's annual conference, yesterday afternoon. We helped set up for Professional Development Day, took a peek in at the 2nd Annual Design Competition (judged by Bobbie Matela, Cari Clement, Jean Leinhauser, and Edie Eckman), got to visit with lots of old friends, and even met some new ones.

Maybe you'll recognize some of these names: Rita Weiss (past president of CGOA), Marty Miller (current president of CGOA), Renee Barnes, Robyn Chachula, Kristin Omdahl, Kimberly McAlindin, Doris Chan, Tammy Hildebrand, Diane Moyer, Deb Seda, Leslie N-U (woolmountain), Kim Kotary, and many, many more!

Watch this thread and Donna and I will share some of the fun things we're doing. I'll upload pictures as I can, too.

We wish you were here! But even if you can't be here, it's not too late to register for Crochetville's crochet retreat coming up August 12-15 in Huntsville, AL! Click here for more info.

Now I'm off to finish getting ready, head down to breakfast, and then Professional Development Day!

Breakfast before Professional Development Day:

IMG_3331.jpg

Donna Hulka and Renee Barnes

IMG_3332.jpg

Donna, Bryan and Miles Hulka

IMG_3333.jpg

Donna Hulka, Renee Barnes, Amy Shelton

In honor of Tammy Hildebrand, whose family suffers from chronic Lyme Disease, CGOA held a fundraiser to benefit the Lyme Disease Association. Many wonderful items were donated as prizes.

Designers Kimberly McAlindin and Tammy Hildebrand selling tickets:

IMG_3334.jpg

Lots of donated prizes:

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

The morning session featured speakers Kristin Omdahl and Lily Chin.

IMG_3335.jpg

Robyn Chachula and Kristin Omdahl

IMG_3355.jpg

Lily Chin

Over 100 people attended Professional Development Day this year:

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

Each attendee received a ticket for random drawings for these fabulous door prizes:

IMG_3352.jpg

The Club Caron Dance Party was a huge success tonight! Special thanks to Caron for sponsoring the food and cash bar and to Doris Chan for her DJ services and sound system. :cheer:clap (Crochetville sponsored the music licensing for the event. Got to respect those pesky copyright laws, you know! ;))

Keep an eye here at Crochetville, on Ravelry, on the CGOA blog, on designers' and crocheters' blogs, and on Facebook and Twitter for pictures of the fun we had at this event. We hope we'll be able to offer the dance party again next year. So if you were there, enjoyed it, and want to dance the night away again next year, please let the CGOA board know.

If you weren't there, you missed a great time! We hope you'll join us next year if we are able to continue the event.

• 5 months later...

What about 2011?? Are you going to be able to make it to either Minneapolis or Greensboro, NC?

Since the Greensboro conference is only an 8 hour drive away, I'm hoping I might be able to bring some local friends with me.

Archived