how do you?

how do you put together your finished projects?

a.whip stitch them

b. crochet them together

c. both

i do both depending on what the project is. i mean if its a wearable i will crochet the seams together for stability. if its an afghan or something thats not going to be dragged everywhere so to speak ill whip stitch it

what do you do?

I crochet mine together. If it's a scrap granny style afghan, I believe crocheting it together makes it a little stronger. My afghans always get dragged around so they need all the help they can get!! I think it also depends on what you learned when you were taught - my mother always crocheted things together, so I think that's what influenced me.

I normally whipstitch them together so that the projects lies flat without any bumps. I like the look of that way better but I know it is all a matter of personal perference.

LI Roe

• 5 weeks later...

I have done both, most usually, i whipstitch, it's a bit more invisible, and I don't care for the hump the crochet leaves on one side or another, although, have used that, and people seem to like it? My personal favorite is the flat braid however, and I use that whenever possible..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Depending on the type of thread/yarn, I use all the methods. I slip stitch or whip stitch seams that can't be crocheted together as you go, and sew with regular thread when doing Irish crochet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived