Sultana Beautysheen?

kawaii

Question

i am about to start a new project with a free vintage pattern i found online, the pattern calls for 9 balls of Sultana beautysheen i am assuming it is similar to knit-cro sheen crochet thread? please, is anyone has any answers let me know

the pattern is from ********************** dot com it's called

Comfy Slipon Sweater

4 answers to this question

I could not find any info about it at all online which really stinks.

I don't think it is as thick as knit-cro sheen but the best way to find out is to make a swatch of knit-cro-sheen and see if it matches the gauge in the pattern. It might bea finer thread weight than cro-sheen - but then, it could be exactly the same...

I wish I could have been more help.

It is calling out a size 8 steel hook, I would try #10 crochet thread which would 'fit' that hook. Knit cro-sheen is too big for that hook.

I think it would depend on what hook you use though as the new hooks are not the same size as the older ones. It seems the newer hooks are smaller than the older ones. I use a size 7 or 8 Susan bates steel hook from the fifties with knit cro sheen and knit cro sheen is a size #10

Senior moment, pardon me, I was thinking Luster sheen, you're absolutely right knit cro-sheen is #10 thread.

This pattern is from 1947, vintage yes but it should be "our size 8" hook. It is a US pattern (refers to SC), so is not a British sizing.

Whatever it takes to achieve the gauge, which is pretty tiny (and also sounds about right for #8 hook & #10 thread

Gauge: Pattern st: 10 sts = l inch, 8 rows = l inch

Archived